Tools

New P230SL Login/Join 
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by tcfiero:
I recommend putting the rubber Hogues on if you are going to be shooting it alot. Your hands will like you for it.

+1 on the Hogues. They make a lot of difference, both with felt recoil and with slide bite -- although in my experience, it's more hammer bite than slide bite. I get little punctures instead of the "skid marks" that go with slide bite.

quote:
I have two each of the 230 and 232. I would love to get one of each caliber that was made.

AFAIK, they were only made in .380 and .32. Were there other calibers?

9mm Police and 22lr. You could get them as follows
P230
9mm Police

P232
22lr.

The 22lr is probably the rarest of all as they were released right around the time of the ban from Germany.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcfiero:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
AFAIK, they were only made in .380 and .32. Were there other calibers?

9mm Police and 22lr. You could get them as follows
P230
9mm Police

P232
22lr.

The 22lr is probably the rarest of all as they were released right around the time of the ban from Germany.

Wow, I had no idea about the .22, and I don't even know what "9mm Police" is. I would love a P232 in .22LR. I've never even seen a picture of one.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Thanks to all for educating me on the P230SL. I may carry it after I'm assured it's reliable, but I was a sucker for the looks. I gave $450 for it with two mags.

That's what I paid for one about 15 years ago and so you got a deal for sure. And as has been mentioned by many here...probably the sexiest semi-auto ever made... and the main reason I don't like some other pistols especially Glocks... they look like shoe boxes compared to a P230. Just like with a woman, it's the curves that count.

I'm still proud of this one:

It's what James Bond should have been carrying.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the Owatonna Cabela's store over the weekend and they had three Sig 230 pistols on the shelf, which is more than I have ever seen before in one location. A penny short of $600/per copy. They appeared very nice looking through the glass of the cabinet. I suspect they have them listed in the Gun Library webpage. If only I were not so broke.

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickcok-Mathew Quigley

Posts: 6 | Location: The Highlands | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
While I concede my P365XL is likely a "better" option to carry, I sure miss my stainless P230 that was my first carry size pistol. When I see another some day in the condition of yours I'll likely have to buy it.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
As others have said, the Hogue grips make a huge difference.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post