SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Springfield 1911 would you buy, if you had access to it at a deep discount? Edit: She's home!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Springfield 1911 would you buy, if you had access to it at a deep discount? Edit: She's home! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Professional followed by TRP for me. I have owned a couple of TRP's now and they just run.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As a wannabe bullseye shooter, I would like to have one of their "wadcutter" 1911's.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield MC Operator would be my preference. I like the newest version, with the stippled front strap and G10 grips, over the older Pachmeyr grips, personally. I think it's a good value for the price.

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More Professional love.
Despite its cost, lot of gun for the money -- getting closer to Baer, Brown levels.
And Professional would be more bang for your discount.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Professional

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
As my Birthday is coming up in December, I have it on good authority that Detonics MkIV will be gifting me a well cared for Professional.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Pro. I absolutely love mine.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
The RO is the best value out there, imo

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
If you can get a Pro at a massive discount, go for it. I also see the member 2Adefender now selling a gorgeous Ed Brown for a substantial discount to new. Beautiful pistol.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First choice is going to be MC Operator, but I'm partial to them for personal reasons.
A real close second would be the Pro.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Love my TRP Operator 10mm.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for RO
I got a stainless 9mm and I enjoy it very much

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
TRP Operator. This one specifically.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
After a lot of thought, I think it will be the TRP.

As sexy as the Professional is, even if I get over $1k off, that still leaves it north of $2k. I just can't spend that kind of money on a handgun, especially since this purchase will be almost entirely funded by selling off other firearms. I won't get rid of 6, just to get this one.

Thanks for all the replies!

Bruce

Edit: I spoke to SA and they said the Professional is not eligible for the discount, so that really makes my decision for me Wink
Also, an FYI: I wasn't thrilled about the Armory Kote finish, so I asked about having a TRP built witht my preferred Black-T finish (the Professional has it). They informed me that, as of this year, all TRP's have Black-T finish, unless stainless steel.

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TRP is one hell of a gun. You'll be more than happy with it!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
As my Birthday is coming up in December, I have it on good authority that Detonics MkIV will be gifting me a well cared for Professional.

It's well cared for but also, well worn. I wouldn't want to set up any cognitive dissonance in your gun safes! Big Grin

That would be akin to the super collider on runaway spooling up to light speed!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Professional.

It would be a hard choice for me between the classic 45acp and 9x19.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Lightweight Champion Operator.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though you apparently don't have a choice, you're making the right one, Bruce. The Professional is a hell of a gun, but it sure as hell isn't twice the gun. I don't regret mine, but the TRP and a few cases of ammunition, a pile of mags, a good holster, and a handful of spare parts would be cheaper.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I am going to order the TRP in .45 but I almost want to get it in 10mm.
Is that wrong? Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post