SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fiber optic front sight for P232?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Fiber optic front sight for P232? Login/Join 
Member
posted
Can anyone help me locate a fiber optic front sight for the P232?
I see several sights listed here and there that say they are for the "P" series, but I'm not sure that applies to the 232 or not.
Any help will be appreciated.


Anderson Custom Leather
 
Posts: 70 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have never seen any replacement sights for the P232.
 
Posts: 11127 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I have never seen any replacement sights for the P232.


Anecdotal: at one time I tried to have Gray Guns install night sights on my 232. Unfortunately, they were not able to do so due to the way the sight is milled into the 232 slide. The option was to send the slide to Sig for them to mill te slide and install night sights.

I would venture to say the slide will need to be sent to Sig for them to do their magic.


==========================================
Just my 2¢
____________________________

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫
 
Posts: 6883 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
and given sigs history of supporting the 232 I'd venture they will laugh at you.


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 6849 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Mine already has night sights on it. However, I don't like night sights and prefer fiber optics instead.
Heck, maybe I'll just drill out the trijicon tubes and put a piece of fiber optic rod in their place.


Anderson Custom Leather
 
Posts: 70 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:
Mine already has night sights on it. However, I don't like night sights and prefer fiber optics instead.


The night sights anecdote was to convey to you if you want your 232 sights changed to contact Sig. Be they white, red (like mine) or night sights. They will be the only source of service that will be worth a damn. Imho, as well as others who were more in the know.


==========================================
Just my 2¢
____________________________

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫
 
Posts: 6883 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:

The night sights anecdote was to convey to you if you want your 232 sights changed to contact Sig. Be they white, red (like mine) or night sights. They will be the only source of service that will be worth a damn. Imho, as well as others who were more in the know.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
It's a shame that more folks don't support and service the 230/232's - there were plenty of them manufactured and I don't understand why they're not more popular.


Anderson Custom Leather
 
Posts: 70 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:
It's a shame that more folks don't support and service the 230/232's - there were plenty of them manufactured and I don't understand why they're not more popular.

The platform just does not work for me, heavy recoil due to blowback action, the web of my hand gets pretty severe lacerations from the slide. I will be putting it up for sale soon...again. Frown


____________________________
NRA Life Member, GOA, MGO Annual Member, Annual member MRPA
 
Posts: 11273 | Location: MI | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
The platform just does not work for me, heavy recoil due to blowback action, the web of my hand gets pretty severe lacerations from the slide. I will be putting it up for sale soon...again. Frown

So are you offering to sell the sights off it? I'll take a slide stop lever spring too while you're at it.


Anderson Custom Leather
 
Posts: 70 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fiber optic front sight for P232?

© SIGforum 2018