SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    IDPA pistol of choice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IDPA pistol of choice Login/Join 
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I'm out of the loop on equipment but I thought the XD was considered a Single action and required to compete in ESP because of the way the firing pin is cocked after chambering.

Changed several years ago. All striker fired pistols now compete in SSP

I've shot my H&K P7 in SSP, but it really shines in CCP

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch out for the height limitation. IDPA has set the max. height to be about 1/8 of an inch too short for M&P M2.0, 509, and other pistols that have a height just over 5 3/8 inches.

One could think that the goal is only to allow G19 in CCP.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Don't see many BUG matches around here. As a matter of fact I don't remember the last time I shot one.

I guess it is up to the local club. BUG has changed so that now there is no need for a dedicated BUG match, with different firing/loading rules. BUG competes over the same courses of fire as everyone else. Our club will let you shoot BUG at any local (level 1) match. Some competitors shoot 2 guns, such as BUG and SSP, in the same match.

quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
Changed several years ago. All striker fired pistols now compete in SSP

I think what you meant to say is all striker fired guns are considered the same, action-wise. They can compete in any division except PCC. My P320 was bumped up to ESP after I added a magwell and mag release extension.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
My IDPA, "Cheater Gun", a Dan Wesson 1911 in 9mm.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
SSP - P226 Combat
CDP - Ruger SR1911

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
No idea the rules or what

But I would use a Glock 19 or my P226 or my M&P coverted to 9mm.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot my PPS M2 LE in BUG, and my 5" PPQ in ESP.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post