SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    IDPA pistol of choice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IDPA pistol of choice Login/Join 
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted
Participated in an IDPA match for back up guns. The G26 gets more carry time than any other pistol. Scored -2 over 5 stages.

I'm still learning about all the divisions but what's your preference for the matches you've shot?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
For BUG matches, I prefer the M&P9c. Regular matches this year, I am either shooting a 2.0 or P226 Legion.

Last year, I shot a 320 until about this time of year, had a problem, and finished out there year rotating between a Glock and M&P.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For 2017, IDPA BUG rules shortened barrel to 3.5 inches. I was starting to work on a FNS9C when I learned about the rule change - it no longer fits anything and needs to be sold.

Have not settled on what I might use in the once-a-year BUG match.

For IDPA CCP division, I have changed from P320C9 to M&P M2.0 9mm with 4.25" barrel (that would not have been in CCP division in 2016).

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I usually shoot 1911 or CZ 75B.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228 for the last few years. I did throw in a G19 and P226 a couple of matches.... but I always go back.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot many BUG matches. But the few I do, I pull out of S&W 4013TSW duty gun . Shoots well for me.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I shoot an old folded steel slide German P226. I shoot this in Stock Service Pistol division and have done very well with it. I can shoot this gun better than any striker fire gun I own.
For a bug gun I would want to get the sub compact frame for my P320 and try it.
Looking at trying a P229C I just got to try for Concealed carry Pistol division.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

BUG - P938
ESP - P320-9 full sized, with mods to make it ineligible for SSP
ESP - P220-10mm
CDP - P220-45 Elite Stainless

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I shoot a Kimber TLE and a Beretta M9.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
When I shot IDPA a lot I used my G17 for SSP and a G26 for BUG. Bought a G34 though found out I shoot the 17 better so I sold it.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I use a Kahr P9 when I've shot a BUG match.

I also use a 9mm 1911 and a M&P.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
When I shoot in BUG, I use my Kahr CW9.

SSP: Glock G34
ESP: Apex Tactical outfitted M&P9
CCP: H&K P7...just to add variety to all the G19s
CDP: SIG 220ST

But mostly, this year, I'm shooting a S&W 686 tuned up by Apex Tactical

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

But mostly, this year, I'm shooting a S&W 686 tuned up by Apex Tactical

Smile Me, too.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
SSP: Springfield XDM 5.25
CDP: Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
I shot a P226 in 9mm. I saw lots of Glock 34's ....

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
German P226 in SSP mostly. Sometimes G41 or P220 in CDP. Not sure which of my guns fit CCP division yet.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
For 2017, IDPA BUG rules shortened barrel to 3.5 inches. I was starting to work on a FNS9C when I learned about the rule change - it no longer fits anything and needs to be sold.

Have not settled on what I might use in the once-a-year BUG match.

For IDPA CCP division, I have changed from P320C9 to M&P M2.0 9mm with 4.25" barrel (that would not have been in CCP division in 2016).

Is m&p 2.0 ccp eligible?
I see from spec it's a little wider than the ccp box.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Last year, I shot a 320 until about this time of year, had a problem, and finished out there year rotating between a Glock and M&P.

Please don't keep me in suspense; what happened?

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Started IDPA with a 5" M&P Pro in SSP and ran that for a few years.

Then when the 320 came out I ran a Compact in the same division for a year.
Shot another year in the Full-Size configuration.

Just for S&G, I've run a Beretta 92G and a 226 Legion in a few matches just to silence the DA/SA haters. Big Grin

This year I'm in ESP since I added a Springer Precision magwell and basepads to the mix.

Don't see many BUG matches around here. As a matter of fact I don't remember the last time I shot one.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
SSP: Springfield XDM 5.25
CDP: Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special

I'm out of the loop on equipment but I thought the XD was considered a Single action and required to compete in ESP because of the way the firing pin is cocked after chambering.

I shoot a CZ SPO1 Shadow in SSP.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post