SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Red Dot Sights work without plates on Sig P320 X-Compact?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Red Dot Sights work without plates on Sig P320 X-Compact? Login/Join 
posted
I’ve read a bit on this topic and the only Red Dot Sights that I can find that work without adaptor plates on the Sig P320 X-Compact appear to be the Sig Romeo1 Pro and the DeltaPoint Pro sights. Are there other Red Dots that can work without having to use an adaptor plate? I’d rather avoid adding more height or having to refill the slide. Thanks in advance for your help.

---
Kent in MI

P226 in 9mm
P220 in 45acp
P320 X-5
P365
P365XL
P365-380

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Michigan (USA) | Registered: August 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I just brought the Compact with the Romeo I. On mine, the optic sits in front of the rear sight. I'm told I can replace the Romeo with the Leopold DPP or the Holosun optic.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kashew
posted Hide Post
I deleted my post as I am not really sure anymore, and I do not want to give out suspect information. I will be watching this thread for clarification. My X-Compact RXP came with the Romeo Pro.

Posts: 30 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: November 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X-Compact was only ever produced with the M17 commercial (not the true military spec version) sight cut and plate. Remove the plate and you can install a DPP or Romeo 1 Pro - or other sight that uses the DPP pattern.

The X-Compact RXP comes with the Romeo 1 Pro and can also use the DPP or DPP-pattern sights.

Some new X-series pistols also have holes drilled and tapped for direct mount of an RMR. I have not seen a confirmation of exactly which models, but when you remove the sight plate or pre-installed R1Pro you can see two sets of holes close together.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Take off your cover plate and compare your holes to this:

http://www.chpws.com/wp-conten.../IMG_0838-copy-2.jpg

The problem with making a list is that Sig is doing this as a “rolling change” throughout production. Depending on when your gun was built, you might have a different cut, and I don’t think Sig has said what slide cut was put into production.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post