SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Break Free Collector Gun Wipes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Break Free Collector Gun Wipes Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted
Hello Everyone,

I've been thinking of picking some of these, to wipe down some of my toys that don't see much use. Has anyone tried these? What are your thoughts on them?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I took them to annual training and after qualification my Company used them to clean and wipe down our M4's and Beretta M9's.

We we arrived back in Cols, OH from Fort Knox they went into the armory for four months or longer.

A short time later I deployed outside of my unit, so I do not know how long the rifles were in the armory before they were used again. I know my issued M4 sat in there for about a year plus until I shot it again. My M4 looked pristine.

Everyone in my Company really liked them especially our Company Commander. For once in my life I kept my mouth shut and did not tell him I ordered the wrong wipes.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only reason I am not using them is that up until now, I didn't know they existed. I use BreakFree Collector as my firearms preservative, which comes in what looks exactly like the BreakFree CLP bottle, except for the name.

BF Collector has never let me down.

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
If I understand correctly, you can just pull your firearms out of storage and just shoot them without cleaning and reapplying lube. If so, this stuff seems pretty darn good.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
If I understand correctly, you can just pull your firearms out of storage and just shoot them without cleaning and reapplying lube. If so, this stuff seems pretty darn good.

I think it's the Break Free Collector (which I never heard of until now) that has the long term properties.

This UK link is about Collector:

http://www.breakfreeclp.co.uk/...ollector-protectant/

I use the Basic CLP on all my guns. I have a few that sit a year between firings, I disassemble and relube before firing.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have their CLP wipes in plastic container. Ive used them and they do a fine job. Ive used Break Free products forever on firearms.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I need more of the CLP wipes. I like them more than the Remoil wipes. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The only reason I am not using them is that up until now, I didn't know they existed. I use BreakFree Collector as my firearms preservative, which comes in what looks exactly like the BreakFree CLP bottle, except for the name.

BF Collector has never let me down.

Same here. My primary wipe down product before putting up. Been using it a long time.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've use the bottled BreakFree Collector for years and I'm happy with it. A 4 oz bottle is about $7.50 with free prime shipping. I think I could make a lot of my own wipes with that. But since I do like to try new things, I searched for a source for these wipes. They don't seem to be available from all of the usual sources. Most say "currently not available". So where does one find these?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
I found them at my local Wally World. I didn't know they existed either.

I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I am currently using Hoppes 9 wipes . I will try BF when current wipes are gone . Pickle Rick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pickle Rick,

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Breakfree Collector as well. It is a great product. Once you apply it, it seems to spread out as well better protecting than other oils in my mind. It meets Milspec requirements so it has to be good.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post