SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sphinx Subcompact Alpha?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sphinx Subcompact Alpha? Login/Join 
Picture of KJacques
posted
I've been trying to find some information, value, etc. on this subcompact, but either I'm searching wrong or I just can't find much on them. Searches on Gunbroker etc. come up with no results. Is the gun not made anymore or was something wrong that made it drop off the planet? I thought it was a quality little firearm, but am perplexed that there don't seem to be any of them anywhere anymore.

Can someone help with any info? Thanks.

Posts: 578 | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
https://kriss-usa.com/pistols/compact/compact-alpha

Edited to add: https://www.preppergunshop.com...9mm-3-13-black-13rd/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
Thanks, the bottom link is the subcompact but like every other listing I've checked, it shows that they've been out of stock. I've noticed this for months.

quote:

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KJacques:
Thanks, the bottom link is the subcompact but like every other listing I've checked, it shows that they've been out of stock. I've noticed this for months.

Yes, but it appears Kriss is the manufacturer. You might try contacting them.

But I look at the specs, and there's no way I'd categorize a 13-round, 6.5-inch, 25-ounce gun as "subcompact." I'm loathe to even call the P938 at 7+1, 5.9-inch, 17.5-ounce gun as "subcompact."

To me, the NAA Guardian, Seecamp, and maybe the LCP/LCP II are "subcompacts."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had been considering purchasing one of these subcompacts to go with my Sphinx SDP compact too. When they were available I'd seen prices from about $850 to $900. Occasionally one will pop up on Gunbroker, but you know how prices are there.

I contacted Kriss to inquire if and when they will resume production and was told that they have the materials to produce more, but decided to hold off in order to concentrate on the Kriss Vector line of firearms. The Vector has been selling very well and the subcompact sales had fallen off, probably due to it's price. There are just so many polymer striker guns out there today, and that seems to be what the public wants, that the market for an all metal subcompact (except for the polymer grip) is very small.

You might contact Kriss to see if they have any new news, but it seems that they have abandoned the subcompact. Sad, it is a cool little gun and I would still consider adding one to my collection.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
At first Kriss was importing these pistols and I bought one of them. Later, Kriss said they'd start making these here in the United States, but that never seemed to get going. My SDP Subcompact Alpha has proven very reliable, but the sights were not properly regulated to point of aim/impact.

I ended up replacing my rear sight with a very nice .325" height sight from "10-8 Precision" that was designed for a dovetailed 1911, .45 ACP. I'm not sure whether or not those are still available. I'm glad I bought my Subcompact and that it works for me, but I don't think I'd purchase another Sphinx, due to their poor customer care. Last time I checked, neither Sphinx or Kriss offered any replacement sights, to include tritium equipped ones.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, it is such a unique and cool little pistol with Swiss watch like quality. Sorry to see it disappear from the market even tho it was already tough to find.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love the low bore axis on that little pistol. Too bad it didn’t take off.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That really is a shame this sub compact never took off. It really seemed to have potential.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post

I had this Sphinx for a long time.
It was purchased by my close friend and He gave it to me.
I never carried this piece as it is as large as the Kimber KUE the same friend also gave me.
This is the .380 version, and it is about as accurate a pistol you can get. Well made and very reliable.
This one has manufactured by AT.
To bad these pistols in 9mm were not more prevalent in the US.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sphinx is back in action under the name Phoenix Swiss. They make the superb “Redback” but also the “Fusion” in normal, subcompact and compact size. These new Phoenix pistols are even more high end than the Sphinx pistols made under supervision of Kriss.
They will be available in the US.
Www.phx.swiss

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I absolutely love mine. Very well made pistol and very reliable and accurate. I'll never get rid of it.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post