SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What In The World Is SIG Thinking? 'Limited Run' Of M-17 320s For Civilian Market
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What In The World Is SIG Thinking? 'Limited Run' Of M-17 320s For Civilian Market Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I was just at the LGS and wondering when the M17/18 would be released publicly.

I like the X5's and would like a pre-milled red dot capable pistol, but I don't want to have something that only fits a Sig red dot. The M17/18 appear to have a cover plate for a red dot mount, but I'm not sure what it's designed for - Trijicon RMR would make the most sense though.

So now it's going to be a P320 Legion of sorts. Great.

Lets not forget that Sig is selling these to the gov't for a little more than $200 each. So when the limited edition, authentic (well, almost), US Army M17, starts selling for $800 (no discount because they are "rare") they may get snapped up.

And the next year, there will be another "limited run" in rainbow titanium, because the Army is all inclusive now...

The M17 is cut for the Leupold Delta Point Pro foot print. It was one of the requirements for the MHS.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
The commercial version will be almost identical to the Army-issue, full-size MHS, except it will not have the anti-tamper mechanism for the striker action, nor will it have the special coatings on some of the the internal parts that help it maintain lubricity under harsh conditions, Taylor said. The Army MHS comes standard with a frame-mounted thumb safety. The commercial version will be available with or without the thumb safety, depending on customer preference, Taylor said.
That anyone could write the phrase in bold, followed by the rest of the quoted portion, and expect to be taken seriously, is incredible.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sig wants to make them available and someone wants to buy them, I say great. It won't be me, but in my opinion, whether it's quasi-military or pure civilian race-gun with colored frame and the hubble space telescope for an optic, I think Sig did a fantastic job with the P320.

Not talking about Sig's debacle and denial over the drop-issue. That's been beaten to death. But as I sit here in my office, with a P320 on the table, I can't help but appreciate the pistol as a finished product. I own a few, and there isn't a lemon among them. To me that says a lot.

The one sitting here is a full size. No slide cut for an optic. I've replaced the factory grip module with the x-frame, full size. The balance, function, trigger, everything about it I like. Not everyone likes it, and not everyone will want the military wanna-be commercial version, but that's okay. I wouldn't have touched any of the rainbow shiny pistols that Bruce mentioned, but Sig kept the lights on with them, as they may do with this run. I think it probably doesn't matter right now; Sig can't lose with the run of military contracts, increasing numbers of law enforcement deals, P365 productions that sell as fast as they hit the shelves, and over half a million P320's in civvy hands.

I wouldn't have bought one. I wasn't remotely interested, any more than the 250 interested me. Not until I was at a range and someone said "here, try mine," that I tried, and wished I hadn't just bought a Glock. It took trying one, shooting it, to really appreciate it. After that, I wanted one, and once I had one, I wanted another. I don't care about "special coatings inside; I have lubricant for that, grease and oil, and regular maintenance. I don't need a thumb safety, because one of the selling points for the pistol for me is the absence of a safety. I have zero use for an "anti-tamper" device, which means a stock off the shelf P320 is just about perfect.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
In the late 1990's/early 2000's I think Beretta sold some sort of "special edition" M9 that came with a pistol belt, holster, and mag pouch in the case. I would imagine those would be fairly collectible by now.

I bought one of these in ~’97. Very cool collectible Beretta edition. Like an idiot I didn’t buy the glass presentation case, nor grips for it, they were sold out when I tried ;^(.

It fits next to my U serial Navy Seal P226 and future M17, :^)

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received their commemorative model M17 yet?

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to put my hands on one and see the ACTUAL price before choosing it over a 320 carry module with a full size slide! I just really like the profile!

Posts: 57 | Location: United States. | Registered: July 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post