SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What In The World Is SIG Thinking? 'Limited Run' Of M-17 320s For Civilian Market
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What In The World Is SIG Thinking? 'Limited Run' Of M-17 320s For Civilian Market Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
They are thinking, "we will sell 5,000 of these before people realize the only real difference is the color of the trigger and controls..."

Like the Legion. Don't forget the coin.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may bite on it but it should have the same coating inside on the parts whats the big deal ? and also the anti tamper is no problem , put a key in the box with gun . Done deal . should be around 700 plus range .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I may bite on it but it should have the same coating inside on the parts whats the big deal ? and also the anti tamper is no problem , put a key in the box with gun . Done deal . should be around 700 plus range .

I would go to guess somewhere in the contract Sig agreed not to release the same gun to the public hence the reason for the subtle changes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
What is the "anti tamper mechanism?"

I thought it was basically a lock so field guys cannot change out the FCUs. You'd have to take it to an armorer to change it out.

The military settled on a security screw on the slide rear plate locking button to prevent user disassembly of the firing pin without a special tool. They are not currently using a security screw on the takedown lever as they were originally planning so the FCU can be user removed.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dirty capitalists. How dare they scrounge profit!

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I'm up for one when they released. Smile

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You a slew of collectors are gonna be gobbling them up like a fat kid eating cake.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gambling they will make the M17 or a near equivalent a permanent part of the civilian line up at some point...and I'm very patient!

If I retire from the Army before then, maybe I won't bother. This is the first duty pistol I wouldn't mind owning a personal version of (well, that or a Wilson Brig-Tac...but that's a far cry from an M9 Wink )

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
They might sell well in restrictive states like CA and MA.

When SIG was awarded the contract, wasn't there a stipulation that they produce more of the product than may actually be purchased by the government? Could it be that SIG is planning ahead knowing they will have a surplus to get rid of.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Confused How would they have a hard time selling "surplus" production?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Because it’s got lubricity enhancements.

It's what plants crave.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is SIG thinking???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Because it’s got lubricity enhancements.

It's what plants crave.

Brawndo is what plants crave

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its got electrolytes!

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Folks bought rainbow titanium diamond plate engraved tribal platinum equinox versions of SIG pistols over the years. They will buy these. Especially if they are perceived to be collectible.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest from GunsAmerica: SIG Sauer Brings the U.S. Army’s M17 to the Commercial Market

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Same strategy they used with the “over-run” P226 Navy’s.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Same strategy they used with the “over-run” P226 Navy’s.

posted Hide Post
These will probably be right next the the $900 Glock 19 Navy SEALs version at my LGS.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
How much more would it cost to apply the internal coating to standard 320's? Im betting it cant be much and it adds reliability to gun. Sig hasnt figured out that people will pay for a better product. They didnt have any issues selling the MCX to everyone and then drpping the Virtus that supposedly had better internals.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post