SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 M17 Black
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 M17 Black Login/Join 
posted
At a gunshow yesterday, I saw and felt several well priced Sig M17s. The prices and feel of this pistol was very tempting eventhough I already have 4 P320s. I held back because the lower prices raised questions about them. Anyone have experiences and opinions on this M17?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What is a a "lowered price"? SIG has been enforcing MAP so aggressively that when I bought the pistol you're looking at a little while ago almost every price I saw online was $649.99 - with only a few priced higher and none priced lower.

The "reduced price" may simply be "reduced" from MAP and nothing more.

The pistol I bought is just dandy, and will be great (I think) once I get a Large size grip module on it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I snagged one of these on gunbroker for $475 NIB on a no reserve auction.

I removed the manual safety crap (which I sold off) and dropped it into a standard carry module (no manual safety cutout).

It's a been a great pistol so far.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
What is a a "lowered price"? SIG has been enforcing MAP so aggressively that when I bought the pistol you're looking at a little while ago almost every price I saw online was $649.99 - with only a few priced higher and none priced lower.

The "reduced price" may simply be "reduced" from MAP and nothing more.

The pistol I bought is just dandy, and will be great (I think) once I get a Large size grip module on it.

Below $600...

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That honestly sounds like "reduced" just means "less than MAP" to me. Heck, I may need to hit the next SAXET.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were as many as 3 vendors with that type of pricing. It gave me pause. Now I don’t know wheather to regret my inaction, or make arrangements to strike at the M17, so I need some Input on how better it is than the p320s I purchased in ‘15. So I ask the question.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Last I checked dealer price on them was around $560.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I ask the question.

My standard of comparison (that is, the pistol I actually own and have shot) is a standard P320 Full Size in 357SIG with no thumb safety. As far as I can tell, the differences are:

- the 9mm chambering, and slightly greater magazine capacity for a given size (17 rounds of 9mm versus 14 rounds of 357SIG or .40 for a "standard" length magazine)

- the (ambidextrous) thumb safety, which isn't at all obtrusive, seems well within reach, and both engages and disengages solidly with a deliberate but not at all demanding effort

- the night sights which, being two smaller dots on either side of the rear sight and a noticeably bigger dot on the front sight, I rather like.

posted Hide Post
I don't know which parts are in the 'bravo' version that are not normal 320, but sig is unable to supply any parts for the m17 commerative that are not std. 320 parts. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post