SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Crack the codes/solve the riddle and you win this nice P228 (That was too easy. ** Winner = Skin2881 **)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crack the codes/solve the riddle and you win this nice P228 (That was too easy. ** Winner = Skin2881 **) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Plain Karmas are good, but, sometimes, you got to make it more interesting and fun. I've done a few of these kinds of games in The Lounge, but not sure if I've ever done one in the Pistols Section. So, here goes.

Rules? There are no rules. Anyone can participate. You can take as many shots at solving the problems as you wish. Consult anything, work together, whatever. Big Grin

First, just a simple a question for each of you: What is your one most favorite SIG Sauer pistol? This is not a trick question.

Second, what do the following represent? Holy moly! What the heck are those codes in writings? Eek

10115113 Sorry, it's 101513.

Hint/clue: The answers are right here somewhere on SIGforum.

The above codes might seem daunting, but if you can answer the following fill-in-the-blank question first, then everything will fall into place, I promise.
The question is: What are 12131's _____ _____ _____ ? <--- That's three blanks.

Hint/clue: The answer to this question is right here in this original post, and nowhere else. You just have to put two and two together. Wink

You have until Good Friday to solve this case. First person to solve it wins this P228 below. I might give some more clues along the way, like I did in the previous games. Big Grin
If no one solves it by Good Friday (Boo! Frown ), the Karmanator will pick the winner on Easter Sunday. The folks in The Lounge were great at cracking the codes/solving riddle in my previous games. So, I hope someone will be able to solve this one. Cool

THE PRIZE: This is a 1993 (KD) P228 with double serial #s on frame and slide. Original barrel (not included) was replaced by a non-serialized brand new one by previous owner. Sights are Truglo TFO that are still quite brights. I put 60 rounds through it, and there were no issues. Comes with one 13-rd and one 15-rd mags (both Mec-Gar), case, and manual, as shown.

Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
You are a very generous man

Answer one is my 9mm P229 right now

Answer two topic rule codes

Answer three. Rules to participate

Thanks for the opportunity.

Unlucky first. Eek

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are 12131's _____ _____ _____ ?

Most Favorite Pistol!!!

The number represent serial numbers of Sig P228

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
My P228 nickle

Sig Sauer Pistol

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1135 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is an amazing gesture and very kind. My favorite Sig, is the P220 Equinox, I miss the one I had years ago. The numbers are the amount of karmas you have had. Smile

But seriously, those numbers are in reference to your log-in/forum name. The numbers if counted in rows-

7201217=7
10115113=8
136915=6
1354344=7
13735=5
162316=6
1820=4
182118=6

So you have set's of numbers that are (1)-8,(2)-7's,(1)-5,(3)-6's and (1)-4

What is 12131's "Sig Forum Name" or "Sig Forum Log-in" or "Sig Forum Numbers"

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
My 228 nickle

Favorite sig sauer
favorite sigsauer pistol

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1135 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
OK one more try
My P228

Most favorite Pistols?

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
1- SIG Sauer p228
2- SIGforum

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
P226

They reference your favorite Bible passages.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
P226

***** Jesse. You are The Man (aka WINNER)! *****

Just for fun (not required), what are they? Razz

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I think I've overanalyzed this but here we go:

1) My Most Favorite Sig since I only have 2, is the SIG 229

2) Your Most Favorite Sig based upon the codes is the SIG 228 in NI and the codes represent the first figure in the serial number. Hence you have seven "B's" and one "H" in NI.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Sig Sauer Pistols and the Nos. are serial numbers of same.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
P226

***** Jesse. You are The Man (aka WINNER)! *****

Just for fun (not required), what are they? Razz

Whoo Hoo!!

No clue on the verses, but I'd love for you to share.

It was purely a guess based on knowing you as an invisible friend and the words writings and holy as well as the end date and drawing dates.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Smile

Yes, my favorite Bible passages, from this thread started by H&K-Guy some 6 months ago.

Genesis 20:12-17
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill (murder).
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Matthew 6:9-15
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 5:43-44
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 7:3-5
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

And, I find the following Bible passages to be most inspiring.

Psalm 23:1-6 - Arguably the most famous psalm of all.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Revelation 20 - Evil is destroyed forever and ever.
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1-8 - God pushes the Reset button.
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Q

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That was so quick, no one even had time to make Ovaltine jokes.

Posts: 21044 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Woot! I hear there's another P228 Qarma!
What the hell Jesse! Big Grin

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
from this thread started by H&K-Guy

I read that thread, glad I did. That's what made me guess bible verses. Just didn't know the numbering system used for the books of the Bible. I would assume one to be Genesis, but it's not?

Thanks for the super awesome karma! Now I can live a dream I have always wanted to try. Matching guns in each hand and pretending I'm in a action movie.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
from this thread started by H&K-Guy

I read that thread, glad I did. That's what made me guess bible verses. Just didn't know the numbering system used for the books of the Bible. I would assume one to be Genesis, but it's not?

Thanks for the super awesome karma! Now I can live a dream I have always wanted to try. Matching guns in each hand and pretending I'm in a action movie.

(G)enesis: G = 7 alphabetically
(J)ohn: J = 10
And so on... Smile

Q

posted Hide Post
That's really cool, congratulations to BOTH of you guys!

BTW, since we're sharing, one of my favorite passages is Proverbs 4:20-23 (NASB) "My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your sight; keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their body. Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life."

Another is 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV) "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect". This one challenges me to hopefully live/love in such a way as to cause people to wonder why/how, and ask those questions.; and for me to answer in a way that people can receive. Ultimately, the Gospel message is sufficient by itself, and I want to not muck up the delivery.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice guess and congrats to you both. My favorite is John 1:1.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post