SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 issues Login/Join 
posted
I bought a 365, that was born in April, that the seller said he bought new, and only put 150 rounds through.
I took it out to the range today to test it out and see what load it was most accurate with. I shot some handloads, with Zero 125 grain jhps, another handload, with Xtreme 147 grain hps, Federal American Eagle, 124 grain fmj, Federal law enforcement 115 & 147 grain jhps, and saved what I thought would be most accurate for last, which was Remington Golden Saber 124 grain +P jhp.
When I tried to drop the slide on the Federal Law Enforcement 147 grain jhp, even with only 5 rounds in the magazine, the first one didn’t want to feed up the ramp. It’s possible that I didn’t have the magazine loaded properly, because my fingers were starting to freeze by then. I locked the slide back, dropped the magazine out, and unloaded it, then reloaded it, and then they fed fine. As I expected the Golden Saber was most accurate and also had the most felt recoil, but it wasn’t horrible.
I then loaded the gun with 10-12 of the Golden Saber and moved up to about 15 yards to see if I could put them all in a”post it note”.
I got 3 shots off, and they were all inside the “post it note” but the pistol didn’t go all the way into battery. I locked the slide back, unloaded the gun, and hit the slide release and it still didn’t go all the way into battery.
I took the gun home, and was thinking that I would have to call Sig, but I thought I would see if I could get it apart and see if I could figure out what happened. I did get the slide off, and upon inspection, I found a little ring around the ejector. I believe that it is the primer sealer from the Golden Saber because I inspected the fired brass, and saw no sign of the primer sealer, that I can clearly see on live rounds.
Has anyone else ever run into this issue?
Golden Saber has pretty much been my “go to” carry load for I don’t remember how many years

I would post a picture, but am computer challenged and don’t know how

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RH45,

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The closest thing that happened to me was with my 45-70 revolver. I was shooting a box of ammo and it stopped working. Upon cleaning I found out that one of the primers had came loose from the brass and fell down into the hammer cavity restricting the hammer movement. Thought I'd never see that again.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Cold temps there today?

What sort of lubrication are you using in your 365?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Cold temps there today?

What sort of lubrication are you using in your 365?

It was above freezing, which is why I went to the range. The weather is supposed to be bad, for the foreseeable future.
In cold weather FP10, although Mobile 1 has also been good to me when it’s a little cold out.
I sent an email to Remington, with pictures. I’ve seen blown primers, and little pieces of primers make guns act up, never heard of primer sealer getting stuck in anything before

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I went to the range, last week, mainly to try out different loads in some pistols to check for function, accuracy, muzzle jump and felt recoil.
I had magazines pre loaded with several different loads for 6 different pistols. most of the time, I'll stick a piece to tape on the basepad and write on it with a sharpie what load it is, but, I tend to forget that I'm actually getting older, and maybe my memory isn'tas good as it used to be.
One of the pistols I took along was the 365 that I have a green Armalaser mounted on. I think I had 3 or 4 magazines with different loads to play with. The 365 has really impressed me since I got it. Pretty accurate for a little gun, and reliable, with the exception of a few months ago, when a ring of primer sealant got around the extractor, not allowing the slide to go all the way forward. Anyway, I'm shooting, without any issues, and grapped a magazine that I THOUGHT had Zero 147 grain hps, with vv310 behind them and when I was shooting, I thought it had quite a bit of recoil, and muzzle jump. Then, while shooting, the slide didn't go forward enough to be in battery. I pulled the slide back, ejecting the round, and the next one wouldn't go in to battery either. I dropped the magazine, locked the slide back, and when I actually looked at the magazine, I realized it contained my Federal 135 grain, self-defense ammo. Even though I couldn't see primer sealant, I thought maybe that was the issue, like I had with the Golden Sabre, so I was going to try to force the slide off when I saw that the back plate, that holds the striker in had slid down, not allowing the slide to go all the way forward.
I believe it's been about 500 rounds since I last took the striker out to clean it, and the striker channel.
I'm not very good at computer searching.
Has anyone else had this issue?

posted Hide Post
Has not happened to me personally, but it has happened to others on this forum. Give Sig a call on Monday to send it back, and they will fix it.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information
Good thing I have 2 365s

posted Hide Post
I gave up on 147 JHPs in my 365. The gun shoots every other thing I feed it but not the 147 Fed HST. it jams on the feed ramp.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled the slide from the 365, that the back plate slipped down on, and pulled the striker, just to make sure it, and the striker channel was clean and dry, and I didn't SEE anything wrong with the back plate, or the part of the striker that is supposed to lock it in. When I put it back together it snapped in place, and I couldn't get the back plate to budge, but, for a carry gun, it NEEDS to run 100%
I'm going to shoot Sig an email,

posted Hide Post
Hope it gets worked out. I'm curious to know if the sealant is affected by the temps which would obviously be an issue where you are. You said you like golden saber, has this been an issue in previous guns?

I know people may freak out when I bring up these words but FP drag is a thing and I'd also be curious if the FP drag is scraping off some sealant which is being caught by/under the extractor? Do you have any casings?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Hope it gets worked out. I'm curious to know if the sealant is affected by the temps which would obviously be an issue where you are. You said you like golden saber, has this been an issue in previous guns?

I know people may freak out when I bring up these words but FP drag is a thing and I'd also be curious if the FP drag is scraping off some sealant which is being caught by/under the extractor? Do you have any casings?

I never had an issue with Golden Sabre in any of my other guns. It's very possible that the striker drag peeled it off. Even though all of my other pistols have striker drag to some point, the 365 drags all the way to the brass.
I have pictures, but am not computer literate enough to figure out how to post them. With some other sites, where they just have the little paperclip, to attach pictures, I understand.