SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Miami Vice in 2020- handgun selection
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miami Vice in 2020- handgun selection Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Agree with everyone saying that Crocket would be toting an RMR equipped pistol - maybe a STI or a ZEV? BUG would be a P365 with a stainless slide.

Tubbs - a Glock 26, he would also have a Shockwave or Tac 14.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Dan Wesson Razorback RZ-10.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Taran Tactical Combat Master with RMR, Gold anodized barrel, backed up by a Sig SAS P365 in ankle holster.

Posts: 23217 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crockett: laugo alien in chrome backup bond arms bullpup
Tubbs: shockwave with Glock 43

Posts: 149 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He’d get Vltor to release the Bren Ten.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
High end 1911 from WILSON, BAER or BROWN. And what kind of car would he drive?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
How about an SVI race gun or and a P320 in 10mm.

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McLaren

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's TV so doesn't have to be real, just dramatic, so my bet is on him carrying a desert eagle in .50 ae.

Go right through the battery pack on a high dollar, high tec flashy EV.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Tubbs may have to have a new Colt Python. Crockett, let me throw out a wild one; new Walther PPK/S? Fashions have changed, he'll need something easier to conceal than a Bren 10.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely an STI Costa Carry Comp as Crokett's primary.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1104 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Some "ultra-modern looking" custom handgun like a 2011 or Zev Glock, with an RMR and lots of cocking serrations and lightening cuts.

Those are my two thoughts: 2011 or an Agency/Zev Glock.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sonny always had something new, trendy, and powerful. Sig P220, Bren X (with hard chromed slide to show up better in night scenes), then the 645, then the 4506 as soon as it was introduced. And it has to be stainless or hard chrome, and probably all metal instead of polymer.

I don't remember the show drawing that much attention to the 10mm vs. 45ACP - the prop Brens were all set up to fire 45ACP blanks. But he never carried a 9mm.

Sigs, CZ-75, CZ-97 are not new enough. And plastic isn't going to fly.

Only thing that really fits is a CZ Shadow 2 in stainless or chrome with a better choice of grip color (not blue or orange) chambered in .40 S&W. That or an STI 2011 like John Wick's Combat Master but in stainless or chrome.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Well we know what Crockett chose for for 'Miami Vice' 1996-2001, aka MV 2.0 aka Nash Bridges: a 2-Tone compensated.38 Super.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Nash_Bridges

So it would make sense he'd probably progress towards something like the USMS 2011 pistol.

Gonna be tough to fill the Bren's shoes tho. Look at how well Sonny manages that 10mm recoil!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvZbB38m89U

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
McLaren

No...just no...friends don't let friends drive, let alone own, McLarens. The Taurus (the gun company, not the Ford) of the supercar world.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
CZ Optics ready Shadow II.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12742 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two years ago, it almost certainly would’ve been a Hudson H9.

Today? Probably would be something like an STI Staccato. Though being “vice” and all, and appendix carry being popular right now, something like the P365 or Hellcat would be appropriate, but wouldn’t look right for TV. The CZ Shadow 2 also vaguely resembles a Bren Ten.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
McLaren

No...just no...friends don't let friends drive, let alone own, McLarens. The Taurus (the gun company, not the Ford) of the supercar world.

You need to recall the context.

Crockett didn’t have a car; Burnett had the car.

What would a player in Miami drive (that was within the budget of a municipality that was already reluctant to splurge for an undercover identity)?

If not a McLaren; then a Lambo. Something flashy that would appeal to a Guido. That’s the context.

posted Hide Post
By the way, I just watched the pilot episode. It’s been many years. I have to say that Limehouse (ie from Justified) was at his youthful peak in MV - until Trini showed up.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Crocket: CZ Custom 97B in 10mm
Tubbs: Remington V3 Tac-13 with or w/o SB brace depending on episode / situation

I was also thinking the CZ 97B in 10mm for Crockett.

Posts: 6003 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post