SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    239-BSS-DAK-MGS-G
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

239-BSS-DAK-MGS-G Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know what the MGS-G means? I saw a gun on a web site with the above number and don't believe I've seen that before. Just curious as I already have two P239 9mm DAKs.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
239-BSS-DAK-MGS-G

Magazine safety - mag disconnect I believe.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
"G" means it is a gov't or agency configuration with three magazines rather than two.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What govenment agency uses or used DAK I wonder.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't or does the Coast Guard run 229 DAK's?

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard OHP, DHS, Texas DPS, coasties and possibly Border Patrol (unsure, but I thought I heard them as well) have all issued or currently issue some flavor of DAK Sig.
Our state troopers run .40 cal 226s. DPS was 357 Sig 226, homeland as well I believe.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Affirm on Texas DPS using the P239 in .357 Sig, particularly the CID Division, although there is no mag disconnect on the ones DPS uses.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
Affirm on Texas DPS using the P239 in .357 Sig, particularly the CID Division, although there is no mag disconnect on the ones DPS uses.

Dak? Do they issue the 239 for off duty?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Dak? Do they issue the 239 for off duty?

All Sig P-Series pistols that DPS has issued since 2004 are DAK chambered in .357 Sig, including the P226, P229 and the P239. For CID Agents, the P239 is the smaller daily carry weapon while the P226 or P229 is the full sized weapon for raid entry or other operations where a smaller pistol isn't optimal. All uniformed Highway Patrol Troopers have been issued the P226, with only a very few exceptions. Approved ammo for all Sig DAK P-Series pistols is the Speer Gold Dot JHP 125 grain.

Starting about a year ago, new recruit classes started getting the P320 in 9mm using the Hornady Critical Duty FlexLock 135 grain +P. Over time, all classic P-Series pistols will be phased out for Sig's poly striker.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old agency, the NCIS, issues .40 caliber 229's and 239's in DAK.

VARTEFED

Posts: 90 | Location: Fredericksburg, VA | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey good to see another Ncis guy on here; I was just going to post what you beat me to! I was out of GCGL and MEBJ before transferring to another Agency.

Posts: 88 | Registered: December 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post