SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    It's a bird......it's a plane.......it's a Mossberg compact striker fired 9mm pistol....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's a bird......it's a plane.......it's a Mossberg compact striker fired 9mm pistol.... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Aren't they a little late to the party?

https://www.americanrifleman.o...berg-s-mc1sc-pistol/

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
No thanks, I'm good.

Don't like the Mossberg name since some issues with a shotgun in 1989.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a Glockberg

The grip zone is not properly identified

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Weird looking. Like almost all Mossbergs, probably out of stock until,you lose interest. =)

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
For around $300 it's not a bad deal. It's also not a great one either, considering that it's unproven and you can easily find new Walther PPS M2s and first gen M&P Shields in the mid 200s. And then there's the Taurus crowd (709/G2/G2C) and the Ruger EC9 coming in around the $200 mark.

Tough sledding, I think. Well at least Mossberg has their shotguns to fall back on. They're not a one-trick pony like Hudson and not going to file Ch. 7 over one lil' striker pistol. Although they probably SHOULD clean house over the sales disaster that the 590M has turned into.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in one, but I'm also not in a hurry to get one. I like that they use G43 mags. I think that given its competition, they'll be priced well below $300 by the end of the year.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It takes down by removing the backplate. Wonder if it comes with extras for when it falls out while shooting.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Did they buy out Defense Honor Guard...?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a Glockberg......

Very powerful. Isn't that what sunk the Titanic? Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If the AR review is to be believed: Looks like a nice little sub-compact 9mm.

If I didn't already have an adequate pocket pistol, I would give this one a look.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be honest, I am considering getting one if I can find one at a decent price. I am going to wait to see if there are any bugs that need to be worked out.

One morning after work I was killing time at Wally World and was reading the current issue of Shooting Times. I see that Stoeger is also submitting a compact striker fired pistol to the market.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Just a part-time Saturday sales counter guy, but we've got one in at the shop. I don't read gun rag reviews, and I wasn't impressed by the glossy pre-release pics - but, that being said, in hand it's not too bad. Better fit and finish than I expected. Decent feeling flat-ish trigger, nice short reset, decent melt type finishing, and super smart to take the G43 mags. Pretty sure ETS is making the "factory" mags for these too.

I have not shot it. It may be a turd. But if looks and "feel" prove out, it might be a nice little pistol. Slotted price-wise right in between the Glock 43 (400ish) and the Taurus/Kel-Tec crowd(200ish), it's aimed directly at the S&W Shield. I expect they'll sell right around the $300 mark, and if they prove not to be junk, they'll do quite well.

I'd really like a chance to shoot one, but the boss says our customers frown on buying "new" guns that I've shot the shit out of. Big Grin

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
On the cover of the American Rifleman I received in the mail today..."It's A Mossberg!"...good write up, but if I buy another semi-auto I'll stick to Glock (somehow the little orange plastic dooberdauber on the striker don't look inviting) but that's just me.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Gen 1 Walther PPS to me...

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the "dozens" of writers that shot them, according to the AR article not one issue. As a matter of fact they thought it was very accurate and with a fine trigger. I especially liked the way it field strips that removes the striker too. It really seems Mossberg did some real great research before releasing this.
If it's as good as the AR writer's opinion__ I think it may be competitive with the top four subcompacts out there.
I'm impressed with the take down system. The two reviews i read.... I'm not going to knock it until
its been rid hard and put away wet a few times.
That location of the striker over the barrel is
different. Different isn't always bad.
Glock was pretty different.
The article mentioned how any holster fits a G43 will fit this. Offered with night sights too.
Author thought the street price will be $350.
It's very slim so should make a nice carry piece.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at one and it seems well made , read a few good reports. I bought the 43X . I still may pick the Mossberg up when I see one with night sights just to run it through the mill .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:
It takes down by removing the backplate. Wonder if it comes with extras for when it falls out while shooting.

Likely not an issue. The striker assembly design is similar to Glock so there is likely a recessed groove on the slide cover plate to lock it in place with the spring tension on the striker assembly. To remove you must push the striker assembly forward and slide the plate down.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post