SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    17-4 Stainless Steel Striker for P365 Now Available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17-4 Stainless Steel Striker for P365 Now Available Login/Join 
Picture of cremaley
posted
Lightning Strike (LSPI.com) is now offering 17-4 stainless steel strikers for the Sig P365. There have been some issues with the factory MIM striker tip breaking off so I number of Sig P365 owners were looking for an aftermarket solution and now we have one. I will be picking up mine tomorrow.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma
posted Hide Post
I make lots of parts with 17-4 PH Stainless. one of my favorite materials

death and taxes....need i say any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SIG Super Target SS .45
Bersa .380 model 83
M686 .357 S&W
P239 9MM
P229 .40S&W
p229 .40 legion
p229 9 legion
1911 9 mm
M400 tread coil 5.56.

Posts: 660 | Location: Barrington, NH, usa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a bunch of Glock parts so I need to wait a bit before buying more stuff but on the Facebook group I am part of someone asked how to get the striker out. Apparently a lot of people are afraid of the statement that disassembling the slide will void the warranty. Whatever. I'm no videographer and I didn't practice or plan this at all and apparently the thought of being online made me a bit nervous as I had a bit of the shakes and a stutter but for anyone who hasn't had one apart:

https://youtu.be/zJ8iiaVKBz0

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
I just ordered a bunch of Glock parts so I need to wait a bit before buying more stuff but on the Facebook group I am part of someone asked how to get the striker out. Apparently a lot of people are afraid of the statement that disassembling the slide will void the warranty. Whatever. I'm no videographer and I didn't practice or plan this at all and apparently the thought of being online made me a bit nervous as I had a bit of the shakes and a stutter but for anyone who hasn't had one apart:

Thank you so much for posting this video. I've been waiting for one so I could visualy see how to remove the striker from my P365. This has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coma:
I make lots of parts with 17-4 PH Stainless. one of my favorite materials

That's good to hear as I am picking up my 17-4 stainless striker this morning and looking forward to carrying my P365 with it installed. Its a little pricey but peace of mind is worth it.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

posted Hide Post
No listing for this item on their website... can anyone produce a link?

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never mind. Found it. Also found that it seems they’re taking advantage of all the fear mongering lingering around this failure as well. These steel strikers are as much as their titanium strikers! Ouch!

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A hundred bucks? Eek Is the petroleum jelly included?

Posts: 115 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do understand what goes into making these parts and pieces and the r&d behind it all that most people don’t take into consideration but.... all their other strikers are around $60, my guess is that they’re watching the forums and adding a $40 fear of life charge.
Wanna sell more? Sell them as you sell your others and you look like a standup company for doing so.
That being said, Sig needs to step up and fix the problem if it’s truly an issue but as for some... it’s already an issue in their head so they will spend the $100 or complain to Sig enough that we all get free parts!

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's the cost of paranoia (or peace of mind) these days...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep, and it sure didn't take someone long to jump on the idea of manufacturing and marketing one---whatever their motivation(paranoia or peace of mind) was. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting a P365 but will wait a while before doing so.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a cost of beta testing passed by the manufacturer on consumers.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
So Cremaley, have you installed the new striker and test fired your 365 with it yet?

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kahrshooter:
A hundred bucks? Eek Is the petroleum jelly included?

LOL I was going to say this but didn't want to! A tiny little piece of metal. But if the tip doesn't break off....maybe it's worth it?

Posts: 474 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If someone is convinced that the firing pin might break and render a defensive weapon useless, how much is that gun worth then?
(Hint: Nothing.)

If one spends money on something that might not perform a critical function as it’s supposed to, then that money was wasted and gone. Not that I’m convinced that it’s necessary to have a machined stainless steel replacement for the P365, but if someone is, the original money is gone and now it’s like spending only $100 for a reliable gun to perform a vital role. Seems cheap enough to me.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cremaley:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:

Thank you so much for posting this video. I've been waiting for one so I could visualy see how to remove the striker from my P365. This has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.

Glad to contribute!

I’ve told the story elsewhere but the week after getting my 365 I went shooting with a friend and while we were there another guy noticed I had the 365 and mentioned he had just gotten his yesterday and it wouldn’t fire. My buddy has done a lot of his own work on his stuff so he sorted out how it comes apart pretty fast. I don’t know about the rest of the bits like the extractor and plunger but the striker comes out almost as easy as a Glock.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
So Cremaley, have you installed the new striker and test fired your 365 with it yet?

Yes I have and my P365 ran flawless with the new stainless steel striker which by the way is much more costly to produce because of its design. That's why it cost more than the Glock striker so there is no gouging involved. I know the owners Lightning Strike and they are honest and fair people.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

posted Hide Post
@cremaly... how many rounds with the new striker?
Headed out tomorrow to the range and will certainly put me over the 700 mark getting me closer to that edc feeling.

Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith5.0:
@cremaly... how many rounds with the new striker?
Headed out tomorrow to the range and will certainly put me over the 700 mark getting me closer to that edc feeling.

100 so far but will fire another 100 tomorrow. Been dry firing a lot without snap caps and striker tip is still intact.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

posted Hide Post
Well over the 700 mark and not a single issue with my 365, great little shooter!

Thanks cremaly, I don’t think I’ll need a new striker but glad there’s one out there just in case.
Good for the Sig community to have someone with some connections in the aftermarket, now get us some +2 baseplates!!