New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 Login/Join 
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted
Is a HK P30 with "night sights" worth 78.00 more a 3 dot set up, everything else being the same ?

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
New or used?

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The stock night sights are very good and if new should come with a third mag. The sights are worth it alone imo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
What brand of night sights?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Check out the price of add-on night sights: Link

$78 is very little in comparison.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
Both new guns, I believed the 78 was a good deal. Just looking for what other were thinking, thanks.

Harry S. Truman

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was satisfied with the base luminescent sights myself. I’d use the extra $78 for additional mags..

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
To me, the base HK sights leave too little light between the front post and rear notch.

So even if they were Tritium instead of kids glow paint, I would replace them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on you. If your vision is not great when it starts getting dark, night sights are not a bad thing to have. In total darkness, obviously, they are a waste as you should always know your target and what is behind it. $78.00 is not much for night sights depending on the brand/age.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If they are NIB like mentioned then they are likely LE-A5 models which come with HK night sights and an extra 15 round magazine.

Best price you will find the extra mag for is around $35-$40 last time I looked. So That gives you a set of MeproLights for like 38 bucks, which is a great deal in anybody's book.

The night sights on the P30 are three dot, traditional affairs. If you are looking for something like Ameriglo or Trijicon HD's these are not that. That being said they are a very good set of night sights in the traditional sense. Bright, robust, decent sight picture, big hook/surface on the rear to allow for racking off an object or belt or whatever.

Anyway at the end of the day a NIB P30 with night sights should also come with a third magazine. So for $78 bucks nights and a third magazine is a SCREAMING deal, more so when you consider the typical "HK Tax"

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yep, those will be Mepros if it is the LE package. I like them on my HK45C. It might be my imagination but I think there is more daylight between the front sight and the rear notch than on my USP45c.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for the night sights. Ordering night sights later can be a pain . Out of stocks and sights that will not work on the P30 are an issue.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
I went with the NS, Gun should be here 1st of the week.

Looking forward to it, 1st (hand) gun I've bought with left hand controls, I shoot LH. My 1 thing is I have extra large hands, so I think I might invest in some 13 rd. mags. we'll see.

Harry S. Truman

Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
Picked it up yesterday. To busy to shot it, maybe this weekend.

Harry S. Truman