Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA Dagger Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If I remember right I think I saw a review of one at shot a year or so ago. That came cut for optics. I think that would help get people on a budget a chance to try a optics platform.

I don't know. I could see my self grabbing one if price was right & reviews were right.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
If I remember right I think I saw a review of one at shot a year or so ago. That came cut for optics.

Optics cuts may be an option in the future, but are not standard. They displayed both optics-ready and normal slides side-by-side at SHOT. However, the sole Dagger version that's available for pre-order does not show or mention anything about an optics cut: https://palmettostatearmory.co...black-910111111.html

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
So is PSA a distributor?

If not I find this in a tough spot. It’s only my opinion but those who are serious enough to search buy a handgun online and ship it are generally knowledgeable enough not to be a Guinea pig. Or to pay a little more for a Glock.

This needs a brick and mortar store, or lots of them, pushing it on less educated gun owners in order to make any sort of push into the market.

I’m not by any means putting it down, it may turn out to be a great value. But to figure that out will take a lot of people simply being curious.

I mean do they make money on a small batch sold to folks who are up for trying something new or want it simply for the novelty?

I guess none of this matters if PSA does indeed work as a distributor now.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
PSA doesn’t seem to have the ability to manufacture these at a high enough volume to really be a major player. Now, with their recent acquisitions from Remington maybe they are getting some more production capabilities but even before the panic of 2020 they weren’t making enough guns to meet demand. I can’t imagine they are going to start doing so soon.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
PSA's sold enough "cheap" ARs that I think people who are already their fans will be willing to be guinea pigs. Hell, people are willing to buy AKs from them, and efforts to build those in the US have been notoriously troubled.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in shooting one out of sheer curiosity but I can get a used Glock around the same price.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
My take on it, if it has better ergos (to me) than a Glock yet uses Glock magazines I’ll probably buy one. Try as I might I’ve never been able to get over the Glock grip angle; I’m stubborn enough that I just won’t give it enough time to retrain myself when there are so many good alternatives out there. The one drawback to this has always the ubiquitousness of Glock mags. This might fill that niche for me.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's hope this clone is better than the FMK disaster.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Interested, yes. I’m not chomping at the bit to have one right now but I could see myself buying one for giggles once they’re widely available.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At that price I'd give it a try. Looks a lot more ergonomic than the typical 80% frame, that's for sure.

I REALLY like their AKs, something I never would've thought to say about ANY American-made example. I've shot a couple of the variants and now I think I'd like to have one of their AKEs for my own...if they can ever make enough of them to buy.

As for their MP5 clone...well it comes down to their realization that they AIN'T as cheap to make as they wuz originally thinkin'. Last I heard their intended price point of sub-$1k was blown to bits, and they were hoping to try to keep it at around $1200 and were having a hard time meeting that objective.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post