SIGforum
PSA Dagger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1420050574

September 28, 2020, 05:33 PM
bigdeal
PSA Dagger
Simple question. Would you be interested in such a gun and would you buy one (assuming it runs)? It really looks interesting to me given all the compatibility with Glock parts and mags. Looks like a vanilla Glock 19 for $299.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
September 28, 2020, 05:38 PM
If it's given to me, I'll take it. But, I'm not going run out and buy one.

Q

September 28, 2020, 05:48 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Until enough gun testers shoot it and verify its durability/reliability, I'll be waiting on the sidelines. I'm just curious if the gun itself, given its characteristics and price, interests people here.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
September 28, 2020, 05:57 PM
92fstech
It's not something I need at this point, but assuming they prove to be reliable, I could see recommending it as an option to friends who are looking for an affordable option but won't shoot it enough to need something really nice. We all know that guy who wants a gun for home defense and may take it to the range once a year...it could be a perfect fit for that guy.
September 28, 2020, 06:03 PM
Edmond
Knowing PSA, they'll make a batch of 100 at a time every 6 months or so, if it ever comes out. Roll Eyes

Look at the history of the AK-V 9mm.

Has the PSA MP5 ever been released?

September 28, 2020, 06:05 PM
grumpy1
Probably not. I will be years before this could even be considered to be in the same league as far as performance, reliability, and durability as the real deal regardless of the numerous You Tube videos that will pop up where it ran 300 or so flawless rounds.

Also how will PSA customer support compare to Glock?

I was in LGS yesterday and they had plenty of lower priced pistols like Taurus, etc but ZERO Glock 17/19/26/45/43X/45.
September 28, 2020, 06:22 PM
CQB60
Nope

September 28, 2020, 06:37 PM
RogueJSK
I dunno.

If this proves to be reliable, it could be a huge boon for newer, more budget-conscious gun buyers. Those that would normally be attracted to Taurus, Sccy, et al for the low price might now have a significantly better alternative within their price range.

(Kinda like what the SP2022 was for a few years, back when those were selling for ~$300.)

But I'm certainly not going to be one of the first to run out and buy it. It's going to have to prove itself for an extended period before it would ever get on my "to buy" radar.
September 28, 2020, 07:14 PM
Chowser
I don't like the looks of the hinged trigger. Also I heard it won't fit Glock 19 holsters.

But since I can buy Glocks at blue label prices, it really holds no appeal for me.

Not minority enough!
September 28, 2020, 07:20 PM
jaybirdaccountant
They'll probably sell like hotcakes, but I don't think I'd risk one.
September 28, 2020, 07:34 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Knowing PSA, they'll make a batch of 100 at a time every 6 months or so, if it ever comes out. Roll Eyes

Look at the history of the AK-V 9mm.

Has the PSA MP5 ever been released?

The AKVs are listed daily around 4:00pm they generally sell out all configurations released for the day within the hour. They have tons of configurations so you may have to wait a bit.
What do you expect currently? They are cranking out every last gun their line can make and they sell pretty much the second they are put up on the site.

If it runs it will sell like hot cakes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
September 28, 2020, 07:41 PM
DaBigBR
In for the optics ready model when it comes out.
September 28, 2020, 08:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Until enough gun testers shoot it and verify its durability/reliability, I'll be waiting on the sidelines. I'm just curious if the gun itself, given its characteristics and price, interests people here.

No interest.

Q

September 28, 2020, 08:25 PM
cslinger
So for $300 bucks I get a newly designed 9mm pistol from a “boutique vendor” made as a cheaper alternative to a Glock 19.

Orrrrr

I can get the real deal used for another 100 or so bones and get a proven pistol with proven magazines, WIDE SUPPORT, a lifetime warranty from a large and proven global company.

Easy choice for me.

Now I realize that kind of attitude stifles innovation but in the cases where it’s the same thing as the other guy who is the same as the other guy, I tend to want to go with the proven product. That said is was optimistic about the Hudson H9 and I would really like to work a 7.5fk into the mix at some point in the far future so I am not a complete GET OFF MY LAWN guy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
September 28, 2020, 08:48 PM
creedbratton2
I want to hold and shoot one. Can't say for certain I will or won't buy one. 300 for any gun is hard to pass up, the exact reason I own a s&w shield.
September 28, 2020, 09:10 PM
Veeper
I’m interested to see how it shakes out. There are hundreds of thousands of new gun owners out there and a super reliable pistol, in a package like this, could turn these new gun owners into Shot Show attendees before you know it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
September 28, 2020, 09:30 PM
burnetma
No interest in the original article or any other striker fired pistol. So, no interest in a copy.

I am extremely impressed with my PSA AK-103.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: burnetma,
September 28, 2020, 10:23 PM
Pale Horse
No, for the same reason I’m not interested in 80% Glocks or Gucci Glocks. The original works extremely well (it shoots better than I do) for a low enough price point.

I love PSA. I love the ideals PSA stands for. I’m super happy that PSA exists and am excited to see what they do with the bids they won from the Remington sell off. And there is absolutely a market for $300ish reliable handguns. But I’m all set.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
September 29, 2020, 08:04 AM
Voshterkoff
Like others I will wait to see how they work out. I have a couple dirt cheap PSA AR15 rifles, wouldn’t mind a couple cheap pistols to go with them. Police trade in Glocks are not a bargain anymore, so I can see these taking over that segment.
September 29, 2020, 08:13 AM
Orive 8
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Simple question. Would you be interested in such a gun and would you buy one (assuming it runs)?

Maybe, it would depend on how it shoots/feels in my hands. I'm lucky in that I have some local indoor ranges that tend to keep their rentals pretty current (well before the Chi Com Flu fiasco...) so it will be just a matter of time before one of them gets one on the wall.
Time will tell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.