SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just got my 228 back from Robert Burke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got my 228 back from Robert Burke Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
...and damn is it fine.

I had him install the Total Automation QTR trigger, do his carry level action job, reshape my slide release and install some sights.

The base pistol was an old Swiss police 228 that was well worn and had absolutely the worst trigger of any SIG I've ever encountered.

His work on the slide release is clean and he basically read my mind when I said "about the size of the new style 320 slide release). Perfect size now to lock or release the slide but really should cut down on failures to lock because my thumb's in the way.

The trigger work is awesome. DA is pretty much factory value. I don't have a trigger scale, but it feels right about the advertised 8 lbs. Almost no take up on the DA stroke, no stacking, no hitches, just smooth all the way, and a nice clean break. Reset is SHORT; not quite as short as a striker gun, but short and positive. SA pull from reset is super crisp, maybe 4 lbs.

Communication with Robert was quick via email, and I wouldn't hesitate to send him work again. I'm thinking of sending in a 220 SAO and see what he can do with that.

Will try to get to the range this week to shoot the gun.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Pictures?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the range report.

C'mon Oat, you know we need pics. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
It really just likes a worn old 228. Wink

I didn't have him refinish, but he did very thoroughly clean it, so it looks a lot better even w/o a refinish.

Pictures when I get a chance, if someone can host them.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Robert has done a half dozen guns for me...all spectacular. Looking forward to your range report.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
He worked on my 220 SAO among other guns. It's his fault my 1911s are neglected.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
228s rule!

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sarge1998
posted Hide Post
I also sent my (95) P228 to Robert for Carry Level Action and QTR recently, it came back home on on the 11th this month. It took me just over 100 rds and it is so smooth in DA I shot a baseball size group @ 30' with an entire mag, I kept decocking for this test. I don't recall ever shooting this well and it was DA, I'm a believer. I agree with everything the OP stated though I've not had any slide lock problems, but the same happens when I shoot my 239 and I modified my release as he described.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Posts: 440 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post