SIGforum
XCompact and X-Carry: Any threaded barrels available?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1420033564

January 11, 2020, 04:25 PM
rvbgtr
XCompact and X-Carry: Any threaded barrels available?
Regarding the XCompact, is anyone making threaded barrels for this model?

Regarding the current X-Carry, I understand it uses the same barrel as the normal P320 compact 3.9" barrel. Has anyone confirmed that that? I ask because I believe the original X-Carry used a larger outside diameter barrel and there were no threaded barrel options that I was aware of.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
January 11, 2020, 04:32 PM
RogueJSK
Somewhat confusingly, the X-Compact uses a Subcompact-length 3.6" barrel and corresponding Subcompact-length slide.

So it's 0.3" shorter than the Compact/Carry/X-Carry.

I don't know if the barrel diameter is different from the standard P320 Subcompact barrel.
January 11, 2020, 04:38 PM
rvbgtr
Thanks RogueJSK. Revised my post.

I'm looking for a threaded barrel for an xcompact with the 3.6" barrel.

Also trying to figure out if the current X-Carry with the 3.9" barrel is compatible with the Sig replacement threaded P320 compact barrels.

Thank you
January 11, 2020, 07:15 PM
Factor8
Yes carry and compact barrels are the same. The only difference is the grip length.
January 12, 2020, 03:37 PM
rvbgtr
XCompact has a 3.6” barrel same as the P320 subcompact.

quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
Yes carry and compact barrels are the same. The only difference is the grip length.

January 12, 2020, 05:31 PM
ah3
quote:
Also trying to figure out if the current X-Carry with the 3.9" barrel is compatible with the Sig replacement threaded P320 compact barrels.

I believe the original P320 X-VTAC used a slightly different barrel / slide that had a tighter lockup than the rest of the P320 line. I don't recall if the original X-Carry also used it. Regardless, I can't guarantee it but I'm pretty sure I had read the 2nd generations of both used the standard P320 barrel and slide profiles. The new part numbers for the 2nd gen's each ending in "-R2".

I recall it being contentions at the time when the new catalog was first released as some were upset the tighter lockup was gone but others were happy as it was easier to drop in a factory threaded barrel.
January 12, 2020, 05:56 PM
Factor8
quote:
Originally posted by rvbgtr:
XCompact has a 3.6” barrel same as the P320 subcompact.

quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:

You are correct. But I said the carry and compact. Not the Xcompact.

The Xcompact name really messed some things up because the Xfull and Xcarry match up in size with their non Xline guns but the Xcompact matches the grip of a compact but the slide of a subcompact.