SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 .45 ACP magazines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 .45 ACP magazines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Who makes the current sig branded 1911 8rd. 45cal. mags? They have no markings whatsoever.

Posts: 76 | Location: United States | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DNS:
Who makes the current sig branded 1911 8rd. 45cal. mags? They have no markings whatsoever.

I believe that they are Checkmate.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Wilson for me also

Same For Me

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have and use Colt 7&8rnd mags, EdBrowns, Wilson, Novak, McCormick, and others of which I know not the brand. they all work fine and in the years I have had them, the only problem I have encountered with some of them depends on the 1911 I use them in. Last week I went to the range with a Colt and an EdBrown and ten Mags. Not a single problem!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I like Wilson Combat 47 mags, the 7-rounders versus the 8-round 47D. I also use Wilson’s low-profile steel baseplates.

When I buy new 47s, I load them and let them sit for a few days before taking them to the range. Maybe that’s a good idea with ANY new mag, I don’t know - makes me feel good, anyway LOL. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer 8 rounders and prefer Troops in my 45, 10mm and 9mm. Have no issues with Wilson, McCormick or Metalforms

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by DNS:

I believe that they are Checkmate.

Same I believe for Dan Wesson, Checkmate.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Bought some used Wilson 47D magazines at my FFL. Can't get them to seat with eight rounds and the slide down. Tried in two three different guns, two different makers.

I have them loaded now and will let them sit and see if it makes any difference.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Wilson Combat 47 series, but like others have stated, the 8 round magazines are challenging to seat which a round in the chamber. I have resigned myself that I only use the 7 round magazines with low profile base plates. Additionally, I prefer the flush or close to flush profile vs the 3/8" that extends with the 8 round magazines.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post