SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion 9mm vs P220 Legion 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion 9mm vs P220 Legion 10mm Login/Join 
posted
Hey all. New to the forum and Sig world. Recently purchased a P226 Legion 9mm DA/SA. Absolutely love this gun. So much so that I'm considering the purchse of a P220 Legion 10mm DA/SA My question is, whats the difference between the two besides the caliber?...physical size, sights, grip, trigger? Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Physical size for sure, grip size I believe also, trigger should be similar provided also DA/SA

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weight of the 10MM will be more as its a steel frame / 5" barrel vs. aluminum frame / 4.4" barrel on the 9MM

Mag capacity is 8 for the P220 vs. 15 for the P226

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 grip is a bit narrower side to side and a bit longer front to back, compared to P226. Grip angle is a little different too - P220 is a bit more steep.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I used to carry a stainless P226/357 but switched to a Legion P220/10 awhile back. The P220 actually conceals slightly better for me because it is narrower. Ditto for the P220 spare mags.

In terms of grip, the P226 is wider but the P220 is longer. I've never measured the grip circumference, but they feel similar to me. Fully loaded the 10 is a bit lighter than my full stainless P226, but would be heavier than a standard aluminum frame one.

The 10 will definitely be boomier and thumpier than the 9.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input. Found a somewhat local LGS that has one in stock. May take a trip to check it out. If it's anything like the P226 Legion, it'll probably be coming home with me!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

If you decide to get it, please share your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
P220 grip is a bit narrower side to side and a bit longer front to back, compared to P226. Grip angle is a little different too - P220 is a bit more steep.

Very good description.

I also feel the 220 has a more pronounced hump, sort of like the "Glock bulge" that does a nice job of driving your hand up into the tang. Granted, the Legion 226 has a wonderful beavertail, but a stock 220 is much easier to grip higher than a stock 226, IMO.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...as I thought. It talked to me...and I took it home. Felt great in my hand. Solid gun. Can't wait to put some rounds thru it. The trigger is a dream as expected...just like the P226 Legion. Thanks for the input.

posted Hide Post
Heck yah, good for you.

I got a few Legions last year, the only one I was missing was the 10MM. Then I had second thoughts and held off to consolidate ammo types.

Maybe I should do what a friend's mom did years ago and start leaving pictures of it in different places of the house to prompt the requisite folks to have an idea about gifts for special occasions. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Very good description.

I also feel the 220 has a more pronounced hump, sort of like the "Glock bulge" that does a nice job of driving your hand up into the tang. Granted, the Legion 226 has a wonderful beavertail, but a stock 220 is much easier to grip higher than a stock 226, IMO.

I have both and the 220 10mm does grip easier but man, is it a chunk of metal. You could throw it at someone and hurt them just as bad as the round that comes out of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kraquin,

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post