New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPK Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Like I said, not my favorite but then James Bond sure made out pretty damn good with one:

unfortunately it does not come with her!

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nero:
...Like newtoSig765 said, its a little ammo (and mag) sensitive, as it doesn't reliably digest hollowpoints, but loves S&B and Fiocchi FMJ cartridges...

I should have made it more clear. Although others have reported FTF's with hollowpoints, I didn't experience any with the old Silver Tips. What I meant to say is that expansion of jacketed hollowpoints in the Mousegun calibers is marginal, at best. That's why I recommended S&B and Fiocchi FMJ's, since at least they'll penetrate some.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1! and the standard 32 acp is a little nasty round that tend to ricochet on the bones and makes additional dammages. Andy Warhol was shot by his secretary 3 times with a 32acp and all vitals organes were damaged!

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Soaring Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
+1! and the standard 32 acp is a little nasty round that tend to ricochet on the bones and makes additional dammages. Andy Warhol was shot by his secretary 3 times with a 32acp and all vitals organes were damaged!

+1
7,65mm (.32 acp) is a very effective round. The U.S. basically dismisses it as an anemic sub-caliber mouse gun round. Nothing can be further from the truth. 7,65mm has been used internationally for decades upon decades. Very easy caliber to consistent keep rounds rapidly on target. As has been mentioned earlier, it's best to go with 73 grain fmj loads; either S&B or Fiocchi.

Posts: 1180 | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
The Walthers do not feel as good in my hands as the Sig 230/232. I had a line on a LNIB Japanese 230 in 32 but could not free up funds.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the PPK in .32...great shooter. I also have a Beretta 70 in .32 which is a blast to shoot and I prefer it to the .380 I also own. I have never owned a P230 in .32 but have fired a couple and enjoyed the .32 more than the .380 in that platform as well. I guess I just like shooting the .32!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post