SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 with full frame dust cover question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 with full frame dust cover question Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Is there anyone who makes a production 1911 with an extended full length dust cover out to the muzzle that doesn't fall into the realm of custom-like pricing? I like the look, just not the hit to the wallet.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Low priced?

Rock Island Armory/Armscor:

The entire TAC series - http://armscor.com/firearms/tac-series/

and this one - http://armscor.com/firearms/pr...match-ultra-hc-40sw/

In the $2000 to $3000 range, STI has a few "2011" models with the full frame dust cover.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
http://www.coonaninc.com

I have one of these, not too expensive.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Les Baer Custom they make the 1911 Monolith series. https://www.lesbaer.com

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
STI has...

... the worst customer service possible whilst still having people on the payroll!

No! No! Not now! Ever!

Look into Rock Island, Coonan, Les Baer, or anywhere else.

The first STI you buy, you can plead ignorance. The second STI you buy it is your own damn fault!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
.38supersig, Bummer. STI Customer Service must have really gone downhill over the last 3-4 years. About 3-4 years ago, I bought my first STI, a Trojan in 38 Super. Only initial issue was a sticky magazine follower. Called, and STI immediately sent me a new magazine. Later same gun had a front sight issue. STI fitted a new one at N/C. I was so impressed with the 38S trojan, and STI CS if there was an issue, that I bought a 9MM Trojan. The 9MM version was totally reliable from day one, but barrel was less well fit than on the 38S. Again called STI, and explained the issue. Very accommodating CS guy sent me a prepaid shipping label. I returned the gun and STI properly fitted a new barrel at N/C. So my STIs have not been perfect, but STI CS was excellent. Disappointing to hear that the excellent CS I received from STI may be no more.......

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have had nothing but stellar service from STI.

We stock them at the shop I work at and have very good relations with them.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I bought a STI 9mm about 3 weeks or so ago. The slide does not lock on an empty mag. I called customer service that very day and left a message. Im still waitng for a call back. I'm on vacation this week, so I'll call them 3 or 4 times a day until I talk to someone.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
On the top coil of the mag spring bend it up at about a 20 degree angle halfway back and give it a try.

That's what they suggested on mine. It worked.

Bob

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
On the top coil of the mag spring bend it up at about a 20 degree angle halfway back and give it a try.

That's what they suggested on mine. It worked.

Bob

Bed it up at the front or the rear of the spring? Mine is already chanted up at the front.

Beth Greene

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with STI.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it would be the front.

Bob