SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 XO - Bar Stock Parts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 XO - Bar Stock Parts? Login/Join 
posted
I wasn't aware that Sig had made 1911's with bar stock parts...

SIG 1911 45 ACP 5IN XO BLK SAO Contrast Sights BLK Polymer Grip (2) 8RD Steel MAG

MANUFACTURER NO: 1911-45-B-XO

"The new Revolution™ XO from SIGARMS® is an all business full-size non-railed 1911 made for those that want a rugged shooting pistol. Outfitted with contrast sights and Ergo Grip™ XT extreme use grips, the Revolution™ XO features SIG’s new durable XO finish designed for rugged use and is available in either XO Black (shown) or XO Stainless. The all stainless steel frame and slide of the XO are machined to exacting tolerances and hand-fitted to insure reliability and performance. The frame features 25-line per inch checkering on the front strap and both the frame and slide are de-horned for comfortable full-size carry. Like all SIGARMS products the new Revolution™ XO pistols contain only premium internal parts including a match grade barrel, hammer/sear set and trigger. That means no plastic and no MIM parts. For safety the Revolution™ XO features a beavertail grip safety with speed bump, extended thumb safety, firing pin safety and hammer intercept notch and ships in a plastic gun case with cable lock."

If this is true, at $816, this seems like a good deal, yes?

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the old Revolution pistols from long ago.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I found one online, ($813) and I'm trying to decide if actually has these bar stock parts.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I see "no MIM" in that description, but it doesn't specify "bar stock" either. Machining parts from bar stock or billet is a specific manufacturing method. The parts could also be forged, cast or stamped steel. So unless somebody else knows, we don't know if the parts are in fact bar stock, all we know is they aren't MIM.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Unless it is at least 8 or so years old with an earlier serial number I really doubt it.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Everything is MIM on newer Sig 1911 guns. The original GSR were parts guns: storm lake barrels, Caspian Slide and frames, Mish-mosh small parts from EGW and other vendors. New guns use Dasan aka Remsport frames, likely in house slides, indo-MIM small parts.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed the gun store about this, to confirm that the parts were bar stock, and he said that they were. I had a Sig 1911 that I bought last year, the Fastback, and it was a great gun. I ended up selling it to my son-in-law, and bought a SS framed 220, which I like, but I'm thinking of getting another 1911.

So, if this DOES have these quality parts, is this a great deal, or just decent?

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That's what they cost new so it's just the going rate. I wouldn't say it's a great deal. Then earlier GSR guns were all barstock parts and had a lot more issues then the newer ones. I would also take whatever a gun store says with a grain of salt. I doubt most gun shop salesman even know the difference between barstock, economy cast, and MIM.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you post a picture I can probably give you an idea what era it's from. The dealer in question might have just used an old description.

posted Hide Post
I'm not set up for pics here, but here is the link. I asked them for more pics, but he said they don't do that (too much time).

Impact Guns

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
I'm not set up for pics here, but here is the link. I asked them for more pics, but he said they don't do that (too much time).

Impact Guns

That's just a file photo and it has a disclaimer. That description is probably 8-9 years old. I would be surprised if that's the gun you got. Ask them if you can return it. Lots of online dealers allow you to basically refuse the gun at your dealer and send it back as long as you don't transfer it into your name.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think it's a little too risky to assume it's what it says, especially considering how old those guns were that had those quality parts.