SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K VP9 Night Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K VP9 Night Sights Login/Join 
Picture of SIN
posted
I need all my fellow SF members to chime in, all personal shooting comments, experiences and pics are welcomed. I'm going to change the night sights on my H&K VP9 to the Trijicon HD's or Meprolight night sights that come on the LE model. This handgun will be used as defensive tool for myself and others. I'm looking for accuracy and speed. Thanks.

No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 806 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put HD's on mine. Flawless as usual.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set on my VP9 that is part# HK110O. It is the first gen. set that has a front blade width of .144in. Trijicon has also come out with the newer HDXR model that has a narrower frt of .122in part#HK610-C.

The orange front is a definite +++++ for me and my old man eyes..... Frown

Not the greatest of pics but hope they might give you a idea of what they look like.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIN
posted Hide Post
Motoboy, how are the HD's when it comes to accuracy?

No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 806 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
For shorter distances they rock but get further out and they will start to cover smaller targets.

I have shot my VP9 a bunch but not of late. The past year I have been shooting my growing CZ collection.

I will not replace these sights but If I were buying again I would probably get the newer thinner front post set.

Found this vid that gives good info on both.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Honestly the stock Mepros on the current VP/P30/HK45 are pretty damn good sights. More traditional 3 dot picture but bright, hell for stout and just good honest sights.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My 2016 VP9 has Mepro night sights. I am quite impressed; they are noticeably brighter than my TFX Pro sights which I quite like.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post