SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226RX/P229R- New manufacture and Red Dot Durability.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226RX/P229R- New manufacture and Red Dot Durability. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get a Trijicon RM04, no damn battery.

I'd recommend against this. This version of the sight is way problematic in real world use. Target and you in different lights...near useless. Night shooting with a light...near useless. I wanted to love this version but in lots and lots of testing in various situations, its way less functional than the LED models. If you want a very long version of this I can easily do it, but suffice to say don't get an RMR04. Get an RMR06 or 07 depending on your dot size preference and be happy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Do you know if you can put those on a 226 that has the e2 grips?"

yup sig was kind enough to leave the underlying inserts to put traditional grips on the gun.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have the SAO Elite RX and it’s def a nice gun. I can shoot my RMR glocks slightly better but not by much.

Wow, I really like the look of those grips. Do you know if you can put those on a 226 that has the e2 grips? There's no screws in the grip but not sure if there are underneath? Thanks.

Is your gun Single action only? If so it should work. The best part about these grips is that they cost $39 from CDNN.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I picked up the RX Exchange Kit to put on my P226 Legion SAO and I’m really enjoying it. I have a P226 in 40 S&W that I stuck it on also and it works great! I reduced the price by using one of the 25% discount coupons SIG sent me when I had my P320s updated, brought the price down below $600. I use the old slide when shooting suppressed.

I did the same, brought the price down. Only difference is mine is a DA/SA.

Very nice. Did you purchase the threaded barrel separate? If yes, which one did you purchase; the treated or the simple threaded?

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRCJON is probably correct for his type shooting, but I wouldn't even consider a battery operated contraption or for that matter any damn red, green or orange light sights for anything except target shooting. One picks his lighting and conditions while target shooting.

Defensive shooting is a totally different thing.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You lost me somewhere in real life ACP1. Because if you have tested this you are kidding yourself. Have you run a non battery RMR in anything like real world defensive conditions. I have. I carried one extensively and tested it at night, daytime, bright sunlight, no sunlight, and everything in between, shot it in defensive matches including low light and no light, shot it in numerous competitions, shot it on my own daytime, nighttime, and in between, shot it indoors under fluorescents, shot it under flood lights, etc. etc. It is not ready for the job. On the other hand an LED adjustable one copes pretty well with most anything. Yes the auto function is not perfect, but its better than the non battery ones. I normally just pick a decent setting and it works more than 90% of the time. The rest I have learned to deal with it.

posted Hide Post
Perhaps you miss-read me. I completely agree that the thing is worthless in anything except a controlled target shoot. But, it is good for that and no batteries to worry about.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Another 400 through my P320 Compact RX today. It was a good day at the range.

Shocking how much more accurate the dot is than irons, even during rapid fire. I feel I'm finally getting the hang of the optic, but I still need to work on fast acquisition of the dot.

I am definitely going to pick up a P226 Legion RX as soon as I can!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Legion RX slide today. I had an RDS on an FNP 45 and I liked it but I sold that gun and RDS, time to try another.

My intention is to use my threaded barrel with the RDS slide.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang it! Why did I read this thread?

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Dang it! Why did I read this thread?

Join us! Join us! Join us!!!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the SIG RX models take the trijicon RDS? Do you need an adapter plate?

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

They are specfically milled-out and tapped for the Romeo 1. If the Trijicon sight is identical in footprint, it may work.

ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Received mine, sighted in, put some rounds through, It's great, and humbling. Great because it's extremely accurate, bumbling b/c you easily see how much movement you have behind the trigger.
It is a learning curve. With simple fundamentals, after getting used to it, I was able to remove the center of an "X" with the 10/10 drill. It does seem like cheating. Which works for me!

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

They are specfically milled-out and tapped for the Romeo 1. If the Trijicon sight is identical in footprint, it may work.

thanks

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to merge both my P229 durability thread and my RX thread into one thread. The P229 has become my off duty carry gun, and the RX has become my primary training gun. I still shoot the carry gun quite a bit so I'll update just one thread instead of two. The point of the P229 thread was that the new guns are every bit as durable as the old guns, so the newer Legion RX fits that bill as well.

As of today, the round count on the P229 is 2200, and that is off of this mornings test session. I'm going back later to actually get some training in.

Here is the old thread- https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...360069544#8360069544

Slight title change to reflect the combination of the two threads.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Round count is up to 2515 on the P229. Went to the range today and working on some one shot draws, reloads and rhythm drills. I shot the IDPA 5x5 qualifier five times for time. My average time when I yanked a shot or two was right at Master (21:10 was the average across five runs). Ran a single time clean in 17:44, and another at 18:32.

I am teaching with the P229 at the SIG Academy this week so I'll probably get another 1k run through it this week.

Finished out with a six round group at 10 yards.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Legion RX chugged through another 180 rounds shooting demos at the SIG Academy today.

FYI- Pro Shop is selling RX conversion kits in the $450 range. I ll get a firm price tomorrow.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Legion RX chugged through another 180 rounds shooting demos at the SIG Academy today.

FYI- Pro Shop is selling RX conversion kits in the $450 range. I ll get a firm price tomorrow.

I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome thread, thank you!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post