SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226RX/P229R- New manufacture and Red Dot Durability.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226RX/P229R- New manufacture and Red Dot Durability. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

My first run at "The Test". 10 Rounds, 10 seconds, 10 yards for score. It is going to take some more getting used to, but man I really like it.

Gun is now up to 750 rounds.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Holy crap. Back from a 500 round session with the RX.

Some notes-

Much easier and faster than irons. I was on the fence about 10 yards and in stuff, but it is AS fast.
Distance is a no brainer. Ran a steel array at 25 while moving with no misses.
You only think you have good trigger control. The dot shows any little imperfection in trigger control.
You only think you have good follow through. The dot again doesn't lie.
You only think you process data with irons efficiently.
You only think you hold the gun steady.

I had a smaller female shooter with me who struggles at times with her issued Glock, but she ran the RX like a pro.

I am still learning, and I have a lot to learn, but hot damn this thing is fast.

Just got back from a 200-round session with my P320 Compact RX. Your thoughts are my thoughts!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
What dot size? The only complaint I've ever heard about a Sig RX model (all from competition sources) is that the Romeo1 2MOA dot gets washed out in bright sunlight. But as I understand it, they have larger dot sizes available now.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The kit from Sig includes a 9mm barrel. Is there any way to buy just the RX slide with the mounted Romeo 1?

I looked at SIG website, $750.00. Yep, will not be shooting carry optics anytime soon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
only complaint I've ever heard about a Sig RX model

The complaint I hear most often at matches is "oh sh**" as it fails.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Mine is a DA/SA gun, cause I lubs the DA/SA. #DASAPOSSE

WORD. #DASAPOSSE!!!

Run a Practical Fundamentals for Red Dot anywhere near Northern VA and I'm so there.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
only complaint I've ever heard about a Sig RX model

The complaint I hear most often at matches is "oh sh**" as it fails.

What kind of failures are you seeing? How often are you seeing people have failures?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Skins was just about set to splurge on the $750.... Now you say "fails." Big Grin Razz

(Me too.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, when the batteries die, you have to remove the sight, replace the batteries, re-mount the sight and once again sight-in the pistol? Is that correct?

And if the batteries die when you're in the field, you're SOL until you do all of that.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, when the batteries die, you have to remove the sight, replace the batteries, re-mount the sight and once again sight-in the pistol? Is that correct?

And if the batteries die when you're in the field, you're SOL until you do all of that.

Not with the Romeo1 as offered by Sig in RX models (have same on mine) - battery is changed from the top with the sight still on the pistol, not sure about others. Sig did have some issues with early Romeo1's in that the battery cover would not tighten properly leading to unexpected failures, but that has since been corrected in newer versions. Using mine regulary now for IPSC and no issues.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In that case, as long as the pistol has usable iron sights, more power to ya.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
The irons are quite useable. The Romeo 1 has a groove that allows for suppressor-height sights, and SIG equips them from the factory. The RX models are quite well-thought-out.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Sage Dynamics has some interesting videos on the RDS.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SageDynamics

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
What dot size? The only complaint I've ever heard about a Sig RX model (all from competition sources) is that the Romeo1 2MOA dot gets washed out in bright sunlight. But as I understand it, they have larger dot sizes available now.

3 MOA dot

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
^^^ Skins was just about set to splurge on the $750.... Now you say "fails." Big Grin Razz

(Me too.)

You could just get an entire P320 RX for $70 less.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have the SAO Elite RX and it’s def a nice gun. I can shoot my RMR glocks slightly better but not by much.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I picked up the RX Exchange Kit to put on my P226 Legion SAO and I’m really enjoying it. I have a P226 in 40 S&W that I stuck it on also and it works great! I reduced the price by using one of the 25% discount coupons SIG sent me when I had my P320s updated, brought the price down below $600. I use the old slide when shooting suppressed.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice

posted Hide Post
Get a Trijicon RM04, no damn battery. Enjoy the new way to shoot.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have the SAO Elite RX and it’s def a nice gun. I can shoot my RMR glocks slightly better but not by much.

Wow, I really like the look of those grips. Do you know if you can put those on a 226 that has the e2 grips? There's no screws in the grip but not sure if there are underneath? Thanks.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post