SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 Login/Join 
posted
To the people that own one of these how well do you like it and what are the minuses.

I’ve been wanting a new mostly range gun and have been bouncing between the P210 and the CZ Shadow 2.

They both seem like sweet guns but very different.

Posts: 3901 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These two guns seems to be very popular here lately. It always seems to come down to these two guns. Which events would they be best suited for? If you're going through the trouble to import a P210, why not the X5 or is the OP referring to the P210A?

What about the real S&W Performance Center guns based off their 3rd gen frames. The PC versions of the 5906 and 945 are uber accurate. They would probably be easier to buy and cost less than importing a German P210.

I do see the CZ's appeal because of price and accuracy, but when you get down to the Shadow 2's price range, wouldn't you also want to consider the P320 X5?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the great links. I didn’t have as much luck using the search.
Yes SS I should have said the P210A as I’m wanting to stay around $1500 or so.

Posts: 3901 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!
A LOT of great info there !!

quote:

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have a Swiss Arms P210-6. If I didn't have the kindness of another member here that hooked me up with a Nill beavertail, then I would have sold that gun.

The modern P210 has a generous beavertail, and that is the only fault I can find with the original P210. I've shot the bejeasus out of mine and it is pure pleasure.

SS mentions the S&W PC guns, I happen to own a 952. It is a pleasure to shoot as well, but just a different hold than the P210. I can't pick a favorite between them.

I've also shot the X-5 guns(not the 320 ones), and I'll give the edge to the P210 and 952. Ultimately I think that can still be boiled down to personal preference, these are all wonderful pistols.

Frankly, a recommendation for a P210, be it one of the new ones or an original, is unlikely to go astray.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve only had my P210A for about a month and have about 600-700 rounds through it. I liked it from the start and the more I shoot it, the more it’s becoming my favorite. I had it at the range this morning and was showing it to the Range Safety Officer who’s become a good friend (the Range Officers are all volunteers). He’s a local LEO and a big SIG fan. He always carries a P226, on and off duty. I showed him the P201A and he was very impressed. He said to me, “ ok, show me what it can do”. I set the target at 10 yards and proceeded to put 5 rounds in a group the size of a quarter (which I’ve never done before!) and he was blown away. I let him put a mag through it and he couldn’t stop raving. Great fun! You absolutely can’t go wrong with one of these.

PS: I also picked up a Shadow 2 Custom about the same time as the P210A and, if I had to choose between them, I'd take the P210A.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I have a Swiss Arms P210-6. If I didn't have the kindness of another member here that hooked me up with a Nill beavertail, then I would have sold that gun.

The modern P210 has a generous beavertail, and that is the only fault I can find with the original P210. I've shot the bejeasus out of mine and it is pure pleasure.

I also have a P210-6 and installed a beavertail from Harald Berty ... without the beavertail, the hammer chewed a bloody trench into the web of my right hand.

Otherwise, it's fantastic to shoot and exceptionally accurate.

I had a SIG gunsmith in Germany tune the trigger springs to get a CMP-legal 4-pound trigger pull (its actually lifting a 4.25 NRA trigger weight and fails to lift 4.5 ... a little heavier than I'd like, but I'll take it).

I would like the factory adjustable sights to be a bit bigger.

Posts: 15 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post