SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FrankenSIGs, do you have some that you configured? Not factory ones.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FrankenSIGs, do you have some that you configured? Not factory ones. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Over the years, I've made a few of these. A few turned out great looking, but some are meh, or just plain hideous. The best one in my eyes is the all stainless P228. Cool

All stainless P228 - Frame from the stainless frame P228. Slide from the NJSP T&E "P228".

P228 Classic Carry - Frame from P229 Classic Carry. Slide P228 Nickel.

P227 Elite no rail no tail - Frame from P227 SAS. Slide from Tacops.

M11-A1-R - Frame from P228R. Slide from M11-A1.

All stainless P229 (9) Legacy - Frame from stainless frame P228. Slide Legacy P229. Slide flats polished.

X6L1 SHORT Combat - Frame X6L1. Slide P226 Combat.

P227 Tacops Carry - Frame Tacops. Slide from SAS P227.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
P220ST 9x19mm

P220ST frame with a 9mm/38Super locking insert, mated to a beta prototype SIG-Sauer slide, which was intended for a force-on-force conversion kit for the P220, which ultimately was never developed. The basis of the kit was a 9mm cartridge necked down to a .30 cal paint pellet. "Beta prototype" means that slide was produced with the correct materials, on the correct machines, and processed correctly. This slide is complete with the exception of any markings of any kind. I obtained the slide from a SIG collector and bought a P220ST, sold the upper and kept the frame, purchased the required locking insert, a P226 9mm barrel and all slide internals and sights (the slide came to me stripped).

The stippled grips came from Joe Elledge at DFW Gun in Dallas, Texas. This was in 2010, so Joe may not be around anymore. Bruce Gray took all the bits and pieces, assembled them, performed a superb action job and and had the pistol Melonited.

The collector from whom I obtained the slide said that there were a total of twelve made, and to his knowledge, this is the only one that left the SIG factory. It pays to know people.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ True rainbow unicorn. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would love to see pics of the stainless P228 and P229 Q but my phone hates me so sometimes the photos dont show.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
I have a humble "P228R". West German P228 slide on a German P229R 357sig frame.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
As far as Sigs go, I haven't done much.

Had a SAO P220 that ran on .38 Super and later it had a healthy diet of 7.65mm. An ambidextrous P238 HD was sold for more than it was worth.

Somehow I feel there is a P227 that is in need of a 7.65mm conversion...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
FrankenSIGs, do you have some that you configured? Not factory ones.
Nothing as fancy as yours

I always liked the Equinox look, but I am not a fan of rails.

So when I came across a P229 Equinox slide for sale I just had to nickel plate the controls of one of my older frames for the donor. I also installed a LaserMax guide rod in this one.

Now it sits next to an actual Equinox that I purchased when they came out.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten Para's creation! Absolutely lust-worthy! Eek Cool Eek

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:

Yes it is. That is an incredible handgun!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:

Indeed. An all stainless 220 in 9mm is my unicorn. It's unfortunate that the force on force project didn't come to fruition.

Looked for quite some time for the 9mm conversion kit that was manufactured in Germany with the 4.4 inch harrel, but, couldn't track one down.

I believe 220parts was able to special order two 220s in 9mm from Sig Germany.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
I believe 220parts was able to special order two 220s in 9mm from Sig Germany.

Now if there were ever hope for a group buy. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got a 10mm Stainless SAO frame, everything swapped out for 45 ACP, with a P-220 carry exchange kit. Surprisingly sweet, less recoil than my 5 inch all stainless Match.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I got a 10mm Stainless SAO frame, everything swapped out for 45 ACP, with a P-220 carry exchange kit. Surprisingly sweet, less recoil than my 5 inch all stainless Match.

Yours reminds me of one I previously owned. This was a later production German framed Elite which was fully machined for SAO.

Picked up a SAO parts kit from a member here and sent it to Robert Burke for him to swap everything out and to do his magic on it:

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this old thread for the latest I made, what I call the P226 X6 Skeleton Supermatch RTT.
Upper assembly: from X6 Skeleton Black conversion system
Frame: from X5 Open

Q

posted Hide Post
That's beautiful Mr. Q .

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Wow! Lots of amazing stuff.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3182 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I need to take some better pics, but, here's my X-Short Supermatch Two Tone (9mm conversion):

I recently bought a P226 Legion SAO frame that's been married up to a Combat slide with a .30 Luger conversion barrel.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
X6 RTT, really a nice combination.

But your NJSP 228 and Para's stealth 220 are my favorites.

Great looking X6 for sure.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That X6 skeleton is beautiful

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
Resurrecting this old thread for the latest I made, what I call the P226 X6 Skeleton Supermatch RTT.
Upper assembly: from X6 Skeleton Black conversion system
Frame: from X5 Open

Ok, that has to be one of coolest guns I have seen. Awesome collection.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post