SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FrankenSIGs, do you have some that you configured? Not factory ones.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FrankenSIGs, do you have some that you configured? Not factory ones. Login/Join 
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Over the years, I've made a few of these. A few turned out great looking, but some are meh, or just plain hideous. The best one in my eyes is the all stainless P228. Cool

All stainless P228 - Frame from the stainless frame P228. Slide from the NJSP T&E "P228".

I’d damn near arm wrestle you for this one. It would look great next to my all stainless P226.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:
Over the years, I've made a few of these. A few turned out great looking, but some are meh, or just plain hideous. The best one in my eyes is the all stainless P228. Cool
All stainless P228 - Frame from the stainless frame P228. Slide from the NJSP T&E "P228".

I’d damn near arm wrestle you for this one. It would look great next to my all stainless P226.

Like this one?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
P220ST 9x19mm

P220ST frame with a 9mm/38Super locking insert, mated to a beta prototype SIG-Sauer slide, which was intended for a force-on-force conversion kit for the P220, which ultimately was never developed. The basis of the kit was a 9mm cartridge necked down to a .30 cal paint pellet. "Beta prototype" means that slide was produced with the correct materials, on the correct machines, and processed correctly. This slide is complete with the exception of any markings of any kind. I obtained the slide from a SIG collector and bought a P220ST, sold the upper and kept the frame, purchased the required locking insert, a P226 9mm barrel and all slide internals and sights (the slide came to me stripped).

The stippled grips came from Joe Elledge at DFW Gun in Dallas, Texas. This was in 2010, so Joe may not be around anymore. Bruce Gray took all the bits and pieces, assembled them, performed a superb action job and and had the pistol Melonited.

The collector from whom I obtained the slide said that there were a total of twelve made, and to his knowledge, this is the only one that left the SIG factory. It pays to know people.
This pistol is real. I could not recall if you had this built para but I knew it wasn't 10mm. Thank you 12131. It was making me nuts. Dont recall Para, did you ever get this gun to the range?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Somehow I feel there is a P227 that is in need of a 7.65mm conversion...

A simple .30 Luger would be cheating, would it not? That's just a conversion barrel for a P226.

The Chinese did a 226 knockoff in 7.65x25 Tokarev, and a few of us have been trying to talk Atlantic into trying to get Zastava to make one based off of their CZ999. That, IMHO, would make for a lovely 227 - especially with a Match upper.

Alas, no Frankensigs beyond a .45 DA/SA 220 Match ST based on a CPO frame from the days just before SIG offered them as a factory option. Still shoots just dandy, though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229sse 2-tone!

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Somehow I feel there is a P227 that is in need of a 7.65mm conversion...

A simple .30 Luger would be cheating, would it not? That's just a conversion barrel for a P226.

Fair enough, that was a few years ago and would have been too simple. Didn't have to try that when I found a P226 made in 7.65mm.

Earlier this year I was able to make a P227 that runs on .38 Super. I can also swap it to 9mm Steyr, but .38 ammo is a lot easier to find.

Custom magazines and followers make for a good head scratching. Just for extra giggles, I was able to modify a 2011 magazine to get 26+1 for the P227.

Also made a RTT P238.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not to take the thread off-track, but what mods did the 2011 mag need?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 170 in 38 Super from SVI and cut a notch for the P227 mag release.

Now it works in my 2011 and P227 with no issues to be had.

Converting a P227 to .38 Super was easier than converting a Glock 21.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sadly, yes. This was a triple serial 229. I, uh... did a top end and hardware swap on with a beater CPO that I had Todd at Customized Creationz butcher. Then I traded it for a Glock 22 RTF2, which I traded for a Gen 2 19, which I subsequently traded for a plain-Jane Gen 3 22. Not my best years of decision making.

I traded the other 229 for a Gen 1 Glock 17 that was all original, so you win some, you lose some.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek Time to find a donor 227. Damn.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Eek Time to find a donor 227. Damn.

If you are going for that '90s look, the P227 SAS does not have the rail.

Fits right in with your other P220s in .38 Super. (Plus you can have a European P220 SAS Carry)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My entry is a .40 upper that I gave a poor man’s equinox treatment and swapped onto a railed 9mm lower.

the sawmill

The original railless lower sports the 9mm upper so I could carry it on duty prior to retirement.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like that, Gearhounds. Looks good.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Para, where did you get the 9mm locking insert? I had a wild idea involving 9x23 Winchester once upon a time but needed that insert.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I believe there was a thread by Para about this P220 in 9mm. I had my confusion because I had not seen it in some time. I looked through the 10mm GGI thread but found nothing. The Melonite finish I had forgotten. I dont recall Para ever telling us if he shot the gun. No range report either.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Para, where did you get the 9mm locking insert? I had a wild idea involving 9x23 Winchester once upon a time but needed that insert.

You're in luck. There's one on Numrich right now for the very reasonable price of $163.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/466730B

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I was crashing on Bruce's couch last time I thought about this project. That was 2015. No idea now if I can pull it off. But now I have the locking insert. Into the rabbit hole I go.

Thank you.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:

Lots of nice pistol on this string but the Stainless P228 rules the day.

Where could I find those grips?

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m confused. I’ve never seen a P229 slide that’s marked P228? Was that some sort of prototype slide?

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post