SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are the original contrast sight numbers for a P229?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the original contrast sight numbers for a P229? Login/Join 
Picture of joshs74nova
posted
Recently I picked up a used P229R and would like to replace the out of date tritium sights for a set of original 2 dot contrast sights. After searching on the forum I was unable to find if it’s both 6’s, 8’s or a combination of 6 and 8 that comes on the P229. Does anyone have a list of the classic P series sight sizes?

I’ve got an old P series sight pusher so I’ll be doing it myself.

Thanks in advance and cheers.

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
9mm and 357 SIG use 8/8. 40S&W uses 6/8.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Replace the sights with what it has on it now.
It can have 6/6, 6/8 or 8/8 for a 9mm.
I have 9mm 229's with 6/8 and 6/6 sights on them, a 228 with 6/8, a .40 229 with 8/10 and a 220 with 8/8 sights.

Sight numbers are not set in stone by caliber, verify what's on there and order that set if it's on target.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joshs74nova
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas!

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they're still available but the older 'combat' sights were a round white dot up front with a square white rear sight. Circle over square covering the target gets the job done. Those are the sights I put on the P220, P229 and P239. Nothing could be easier, well, except for the LaserMax guide rod system.

I don't know if the official name was 'combat' sights, but that's what they were called years ago.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:
I don't know if they're still available but the older 'combat' sights were a round white dot up front with a square white rear sight. Circle over square covering the target gets the job done. Those are the sights I put on the P220, P229 and P239. Nothing could be easier, well, except for the LaserMax guide rod system.

I don't know if the official name was 'combat' sights, but that's what they were called years ago.

Those are Von Stavenhagen sights

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:

Those are Von Stavenhagen sights

Thank you!

It was nice to read up on them and learn some of the history. Like many others have posted here and elsewhere, they simply work wonderfully. I've never considered changing them to anything else. Some of my Sigs came with the old night sights, I hated those and changed to the VS sights right away.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post