SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    No Full Size P320 in .357 SIG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Full Size P320 in .357 SIG? Login/Join 
posted
Did SIG stop making the P320 Full Size in .357 SIG, or is their website just messed up?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
On the website, the table showing the stock number for the various configurations doesn't display .357 Sig. But when you click on the Specifications button, .357 Sig is shown as an available caliber.

Weird.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Put not thy faith in SIG's online catalogue - it has been, ah, "imprecise" as to what is or is not "discontinued" before.

OTOH, by all means get one if you're thinking you want one. The one I picked up has been great.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
On the website, the table showing the stock number for the various configurations doesn't display .357 Sig. But when you click on the Specifications button, .357 Sig is shown as an available caliber.

Weird.

It is still showing for compact and carry, just not for full size.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
OTOH, by all means get one if you're thinking you want one. The one I picked up has been great.

I do have one (I bought a conversion kit for $299 from TGS the night SIG announced the price increase). I was mostly curious, and maybe a little concerned about the availability of replacement barrels in the future if they truly discontinued it so early in production.

I have also been thinking about getting a full size barrel threaded for a suppressor and using it in my compact slide as my nightstand gun. Maybe I'll just go ahead and get the barrel now; they are still showing in stock.

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does the 320 handle the 357sig round, Connor to something like a Glock?

Posts: 635 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for how well the pistol handles .357 Sig. It's no more recoil than from a P229, and having the right grip module circumference for your hand gives additional controllability.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:

Well, I just got done taking the OpSpec Practical Fundamentals class this weekend. I fired about 750 rounds in two days and my hands, wrists, and elbows feel fine. These were full power loads, too; 125 gr. bullets traveling a little over 1350 fps.

- Benjamin Franklin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:

Well, I just got done taking the OpSpec Practical Fundamentals class this weekend. I fired about 750 rounds in two days and my hands, wrists, and elbows feel fine. These were full power loads, too; 125 gr. bullets traveling a little over 1350 fps.

I can vouch for Rich on his performance this weekend at the OpSpec Practical Fundamentals class, I was down-line from him both days. He and his P320 .357 SIG tore it up. Based on the distance his brass was traveling it was apparent that they were full-power loads.

He made no mention all weekend of fatigue, just kept loading mags and shooting the drills. I should have taken him up on his offer to shoot his pistol so I could compare to my P320 9 FS.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That must have been a pricey course of fire...or were they reloads?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and for $407.00 for a conversion kit, I can buy a glock 33 for $400 for the whole darn gun....

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easiest shooting 357sig out there. Its violent, its fast, its repeatable. I love it.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
That must have been a pricey course of fire...or were they reloads?

I reload for about 22 cents per round. We shot 5 rounds for group at the beginning and end of each day. I did break out the Gold Dots for those shots because they are a definitely more consistent than my reloads.

So, $175 in ammo for a $450 class isn't too bad.

- Benjamin Franklin