SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite DA/SA pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite DA/SA pistol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P225 from 1995.

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough call...I'd have to say it's probably a tie between my Beretta 92FS and my Beretta PX4 Compact.

The PX4 would edge out the 92 for carry, though.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe an odd choice...Walther P99 AS

Posts: 210 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
my two 228s

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
S&W 6906

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Considering my striker tendencies I've wound up with some really nice ones over the years, but I keep coming back to the old P229R that started me down this road. A sentimental favorite that I shoot fairly good with.

But my M9A3 has been a rock star as well. As has my P229 CC. And then there's the Shadow...

So many good ones.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
My Beretta/Wilson Brigadier Tactical, with Wilson trigger job is my favorite DA/SA without a doubt. I'd probably rate the Beretta 92 series pistols as a whole as my favorite DA/SA platform. I really like some of the last 4 digit S&W autos too. They were really spectacular guns when their production ended. The folded sheet metal slide SIGs deserve an honorable mention if they've had a short reset trigger by Grayguns. Without the short reset trigger I feel like those guns are outclassed by DA/SA guns with better trigger resets such as the Beretta 92 and 4 digit Smiths.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While my GGI tuned P226 is a personal favorite, I agree with Lt. Cheg that the 92 is a better stock trigger. All the M9s I've been issued have had decent triggers as they are old and well broken in. I haven't shot a tuned one, but a Wilson or LTT is on my want list.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I only own one, my P229.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt - Beretta 92.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 especially the WC Brig tac and Langdon LTT. I also have a centurion that I’m about to send to Wilson. I do like my HKs and Sigs too.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
West German P226

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is your favorite DA/SA pistol?

This one specifically, and all of its P228 brothers.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own any pistols that are collector's items or family heirlooms.

My favorites are my SIG P229s chambered in .40 S&W and 357 SIG.

Second choice would be my modified Beretta 92FS in 9 mm Luger, obviously.

Third choice would be my Beretta Cougars, chambered in .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
What is your favorite DA/SA pistol?

This one specifically, and all of its P228 brothers.

+1 on the nickel P228. What a beauty.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to besmirch my SP2022, but due to my connection with them during my Reserve service years; my commercial Beretta M9.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I love my 239, shooting my S&W 659 always brings a smile to my face!

Something about shooting a gun that weighs just under what a steel rim for a 1967 Buick does is fun!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
P228

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
P226 TacOp 9mm that has visited GrayGuns

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Original Version P228

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post