SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite DA/SA pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite DA/SA pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I have several classic Sigs that have been worked on by Robert Burke, a Cajunized Cz and a couple of Langdon Tactical Px Storms. If I had to pick a favorite it would be my P220 in 38 Super that the SigArmorer worked his magic on. I’m Very tempted by the Langdon LTT 92. What’s your favorite DA/SA and do you carry that type of pistol?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I own one, A Sig 229 in 40S&W and do not carry it. I like shooting it but I would probably never carry it as I have more handguns I would rather carry.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I've got two that I could never pick one over the other.
Sig P220 in .45, and a S&W Model 19 w/4" barrel, Pachmayr grips and a bit of trigger work. I will pull the P220 out more often than not for carry.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first was an S&W 639 circa 1986. I owned a few 220s and 226s over the years, plus one 228. I still have a Beretta M9 and intend to keep it.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92fs. And with a Langdon tjiab, it really shines.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P225 German Triple Serial.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The HK P2000 is my “Goldilocks”.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540011134#2540011134

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5700047844/p/1

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W 4513TSW. The early variant with no rail and 6-round mag.

Been carrying one for over a decade. Thousands of rounds without one malfunction. None. Ever. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P30 and HK P30L, V3, 9mm.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Tough call...I have a TT 229/.40 that I’ve loved since the late ‘90’s, as well as my M11-A1, and my 239/9 and 220/.45. They’re all wonderful shooters. Now, I also have added two CZ-75s, an Omega Convertible and an SP-01 Tactical. They’re both excellent as well, but the Sigs all have slightly better triggers. So, I guess if I HAD to pick JUST ONE, I’d go with my M11-A1. Or the 229...Crap! I can’t pick just one... Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
My Beretta M9A1

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
My HK P30L 9MM or SIG P226 9MM.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
My P224. She fits my hand perfectly.

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
PX4 subcompact with HD’s and worked over by Robert Burke. Love the damn thing. Perfect CCW for me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with you cslinger, it’s the HK P2000. It’s in .40 but I successfully use it with a 9mm barrel. A close second is the USP comp 9mm. But I do need to mention 2 others both in 9mm; the Sig P239 and the CZ P07.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rexles:
I own one, A Sig 229 in 40S&W and do not carry it. I like shooting it but I would probably never carry it as I have more handguns I would rather carry.
Perfectly stated!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P220ST that Langdon did the trigger on, its real nice.
It is not better than my CZ Shadow that Matt Mink built.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I don't have the spare money to get my guns customized and so I will have to say for shooting the best DA/SA gun I have (and I have a number of them but all factory) is my Basic Sig P226 with the E2 grips. (Oh, I did put the short trigger reset on it.)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92G Elite LTT is probably my favorite DA/SA pistol right now.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post