SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite DA/SA pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite DA/SA pistol? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
My Sig P-220 still puts a smile on my face Cool

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
My P228, best DA/SA ever made! Well my P239 in 357 sig comes in at a close second.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
92fs with Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag installed. Incredibly sweet shooter. My M11a1 is probably second.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

This one.

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
CZ75D Compact PCR.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My non-rail P229 in 40. Held one and before I’d shot it I knew I’d get one.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220/P226/P229 followed closely by my H&K P30.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIG-Sauer P226

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SIG-Sauer P226

Amen! The P226 is my favorite firearm period.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The W. German P220 DA/SA was my first love. This is a W. German P220 .45 - KF proof letters - bought from SF Classifieds. When I was a young patrolman, I can still remember the FEELING of finding my first spur-hammer W. German P220 .45 in a gunshop back in 1994, and placing it in my duty holster for that first night out on patrol. I knew I was very well armed indeed. I sold that original P220 when I went to a 9mm-only department, but I replaced her with this one recently, and I do carry this in limited rotation because I just can't get past the P220.

Since Father Time is undefeated, I'm 49 now, with a lot of old SWAT & duty-related injuries, along with carpal tunnel, so I recently moved to a very nicely worn 2003 German-frame/stainless Exeter slide P226 9mm that I bought from our friends at Lawmen's Supply for $400. These days, I carry the P226 MUCH more than the P220 for the simple reason that the P220 just beats my hands, wrists, and forearms to death when firing and it's painful for me. The P226 is the answer for me and I carry it on duty regularly (along with a Beretta M9A3 9mm). I have big makeover plans for my P226 in 2019 (Robert Burke, refinish, new sights, new grips). After years of bland polymer strikers, and the heavy recoiling .40s...all metal DA/SAs in 9mm are a joy.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG P220 that I bought back in 2003. Like my Browning 45ACP BDA, it shoots everything and anything very well.

Sent it to Robert Burke to work his magic on it and he made it even better. Well above amazing.

The double action pull is so smooth. So smooth that if that is all it did I would be quite OK with it. But after you send a shot DA it is followed by an unbelievable short reset and an exceptionally crisp SA trigger.

IF you have a SIG you "like" send it to the SIG ARMORER for his Competition Action Job and QTR trigger ... and you will love it. Great price on the work he does, exceptional customer service and a quick turnaround.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Sig Sauer P220. I’ve subjected mine to more abuse than I care to admit, yet she has remained more loyal than a border collie. Only because P220’s won’t need to use the loo after being left in a box for a few days. Other than that border collies rock.

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON

Posts: 889 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 9mm.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
My CPO P226. It came as a .40, but I usually shoot it with a 9mm barrel. Sweet and smooth as Tupelo honey.

... must be one heck-of a pistol if it's as good as Tupelo honey!

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG M11-A1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toss up between HK USP Compact 40 and Sig 239 40. Probably lean more to the 239.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Beretta M9/92FS with a D spring.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Sig Sauer P220's, but if I had to pick one of my 220's as a favorite it would be my full nickle 220.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wilson Brig Tac w/ tune

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post