SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    co-witnessing P320C RX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

co-witnessing P320C RX Login/Join 
posted
I usually shoot only 25 feet and less. My sight picture has been to cover the target with my front sight's dot.

Just took delivery of my second 320C. This one is an RX. Dry firing seems to suggest that the Romeo RMR is not co-witnessed...at least not how I imagine that should look.

My question is, shouldn't the dot be obscured by the front sight? If so, to use it, won't I always be aiming high if I try to see the red dot?

I have a similar issue with a G42 with a TLR 6. Isn't a co-witnessed laser setup nearly identical to an RMR? I never tried to setup the G42 laser but do want to get the 320 Rx properly set up. Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P320C RX, too. My pistol was not zeroed from the factory nor anything that resembled an attempt. Once zeroed, the dot is right at the tip of the front sight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Shooting from a rest, I determined my sights were off. I had to adjust both the RMR and iron sights on mine.

Once the sights were adjusted, the dot was directly centered on and resting on top of the front post. Dot/ post configuration.

Once the dot is adjusted (co-witnessed), as long as it is where you want your round to hit, it does not matter where the dot is within the window. It does not need to be co-witnessed with the iron sights in order to strike your target.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a similar problem.
So essentially to get the red dot zeroed, I could do this at home with a target say 25' down a hallway, then just adjust the red dot right over the front iron sight and it should be pretty darn close if not right on? Then fine tune at range?

quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Shooting from a rest, I determined my sights were off. I had to adjust both the RMR and iron sights on mine.

Once the sights were adjusted, the dot was directly centered on and resting on top of the front post. Dot/ post configuration.

Once the dot is adjusted (co-witnessed), as long as it is where you want your round to hit, it does not matter where the dot is within the window. It does not need to be co-witnessed with the iron sights in order to strike your target.

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Many people have been using that method to sight in co-witnessing sight systems forever.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am a newbie at this so I do appreciate any and all info.

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Yes. Many people have been using that method to sight in co-witnessing sight systems forever.

posted Hide Post
Any recommendations on a good shooting rest for pistols that isn't to expensive?

quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Save your money, don't need a rest to zero. Just table top it to fine tune, the RX isn't a precision rifle.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Co-witnessing, using a target in your home, will work, as long as your iron sights are aligned correctly.

I used a rest because I have one for precision rifle shooting.

You can just as easily use a few old, ratty towels which are piled or rolled up. You just want to support the muzzle while keeping your hands from contacting your bench/ table.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents!

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my new 320c RX to the range today, the sight was far from zero. Did the best I could to sight it in but I shoot both the new gun's suppressor height sights and the ordinary SigLights much better.

I find the red dot to be more of a cluster of smaller dots surrounded by a starburt effect that is dimmer than the central dot. Is it my 67 year old eyes or the reflex sight itself? I'm near sighted and wear progressive lenses, correcting me to 20/20. I can golf in them too.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I'm far sighted and have a similar situation. If I squint, or use the very bottom edge of my progressives, I can get a focused dot.

I've found that even at 25 yards, if I put the red blur in the general area where I want the round, the round is very close.

Sic Semper Tyrannis