SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Broke my LCP. Update: replacement gun in my hands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broke my LCP. Update: replacement gun in my hands Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
At the range today I was having some sporadic feeding and extraction issues and then found I couldn't lock the slide back with the manual lock. When I stripped the gun, a two-inch long sliver of metal came out, apparently part of the slide rail on the frame as this now has a jagged/rough edge. I have no means of taking pictures at this time. I have sent an e-mail message to Ruger via their system.

The gun was purchased about a year and a half ago and has ~500 rounds through it. About half of this is European-made (Perfecta, which is what I was using at the time, as well as Fiocchi and Geco) which, judging from the kick and roar and sting imparted to my hand, is loaded hotter than Winchester, Remington or Federal. I can't say this hotter ammo caused the problem, but it couldn't have helped. You guys who want to buy and use "hot-rod" loads like Buffalo Bore in this little gun probably should take heed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Perhaps some pics?

Regardless, I bet Ruger will do right by you.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Ruger is one of the top customer oriented firearms companies in the world.

Recently I dissassembled my LCPII to refinish the metal in Moly Resin for a rust resistant finish. Trouble was, I went too far, and removed the sear.

Well in my 30 years of dissassembing-reassembling guns, the sear in the LCPII stumped me. So I called Ruger CS, they sent me a shipping label Fed Ex, and I had my LCPII back within 7 days , putback together and test fired and including a silicone gun wipe.

Thank you Ruger, OP, I hope you read my posting. Because Ruger will treat you good.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The gun was purchased about a year and a half ago and has ~500 rounds through it. About half of this is European-made (Perfecta, which is what I was using at the time, as well as Fiocchi and Geco) which, judging from the kick and roar and sting imparted to my hand, is loaded hotter than Winchester, Remington or Federal.

Hmmm... I've got a couple hundred rounds of both Fiocchi and Perfecta. Haven't shot any of the Perfecta, yet, but I have shot some of the Fiocchi. Don't recall the Fiocchi feeling any harsher than the WWB or BB I shot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger will take care of the problem. The takedown pin on my LCP walked out when I was shooting, and I failed to notice quickly enough. I then began having some FTE issues and saw the problem. Sent me a shipping label, and back to me in perfect shape ten days later.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Ruger knows repairs and recalls.

Maybe because Ruger starts with an R, like Repair, and Recall???

Wink

OP that sucks but I think it'll be ok. I have my original LCP from 09 I think, it only has 2k or so through it but it's still going on strong.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Original LCP or LCP2?

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Original LCP or LCP2?

Purchased a year and a half ago, it'd have to be an "original."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
On the phone this morning (finally had time). Reasonable wait time and they're e-mailing me a shipping label.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I received an e-mail communication saying they are going to replace the entire gun and, since a transfer is required, what FFL do I want it sent to. So I got that going for me which is nice. Smile

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ruger rocks Smile

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So very Ruger. Now if they'd only be as nice to DEALERS when we send our own faulty products in for repair so we can SELL the damn things.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger's bugs aren't the only ones that act up. Bought an M & p Bodyguard over a month ago, had it one day and back to Smith it went the next because the slide wouldn't lock back properly. Still waiting on it.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The new gun shipped out on the 7th and was delivered to my dealer today. (It would have been yesterday but the place is closed Mondays.) It came with a pocket holster, something the last one didn't have, and a silicone wipedown cloth as an extra. All in all, a pleasing and painless experience. Smile