SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Perfect Concealed Carry?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Perfect Concealed Carry? Login/Join 
Picture of aparoche
posted
I bought this P365 early in 2018 when there were known striker issues so I never shot it much. Recently, I have been carrying more and decided to customize this P365 as much as possible. I have upgraded it with the following:

• Talon rubber grips
  • Newest P365 striker
  • Lima 365 green laser
  • Grayguns flat trigger
  • Magguts +2 rounds for 12 round extended magazine
  • 15 round backup magazine (will be 17 once Magguts +2 is released)
  • Armory Craft extended magazine release
  • Blackpoint IWB holster for Lima 365

I now have 14+1 rounds in this little piece. It shot like a dream last week at the range. I’m sure a new and better concealed carry piece will come out eventually but I can’t think of a better one right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aparoche,

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, but where's the red dot sight? Smile
Seriously, I think that's what I would have if I weren't in CA.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

I know you were being sarcastic but red dot optics on a concealed carry piece seems ridiculous to me. You are never going to have time to do anything with it. You will likely point and shoot. I think a projected laser at least makes a little more sense.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
You essentially made a P365X (XL grip/trigger, P365 slide). Looks good.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

I know you were being sarcastic but red dot optics on a concealed carry piece seems ridiculous to me. You are never going to have time to do anything with it. You will likely point and shoot. I think a projected laser at least makes a little more sense.

Careful, don’t make too much sense. Nice job!

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has a Foxtrot on it instead of laser and manual safety but similar. Hard to imagine a massive improvement from here. The 365 is truly the best ccw out there imo. I used to have a Shield and I’ve kept my G43 but this thing is smaller, holds more rounds, and it easy to shoot well. It’s a tough combo. For me jury is still out on the Foxtrot though. The pressure pad works great but it is going to force me to buy a second gun to practice with so I don’t constantly kill the battery on the carry one.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I totally agree, the 365 has replaced my jframe S&W, and LCP as a primary CCW.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. if anyone is carrying a P365 in a holster with the 12 round mag, they might as well get an XL, with the longer barrel (usually immaterial to concealability), and the optic cut. Then put a Holosun 407/507K (depending on what reticle the want.) Sounds like an almost perfect carry gun.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm rather indecisive. That's why I don't have any tattoos.

Over the past few years, I've had more CC guns than I care to admit. Yet, all that changed after the P365XL came out. When the night sights dim out, I'll replace them with Trijicon HD XR's. Then it'll be (my version of) perfection.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Tell me more

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I hadn't noticed this post until Jerry quoted it.

Do you plan (and train) to use the iron sights in a defensive shooting situation? If you do, then an optic can be quicker (once you train to them. There is a learning curve.)

Remember it's hits that count, not shots.

quote:
quote:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. if anyone is carrying a P365 in a holster with the 12 round mag, they might as well get an XL, with the longer barrel (usually immaterial to concealability), and the optic cut. Then put a Holosun 407/507K (depending on what reticle the want.) Sounds like an almost perfect carry gun.

quote:

I can turn my 365 into a 365X with a 12 round mag, bug I can't go the other way.
And when I want a 365XL, I have an upper XL slide assembly I slip on.
I don't want a different trigger, and don't think a red dot is helpful for what the gun is intended for.
I know the grip on the 365 with a 12 round mag is not quite as good as the XL grip module, but I prefer the flexibility to the slight improvement.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I also would like to add that I am particularly partial to my standard P365, with a 10 round flush mag it makes for an excellent pocket pistol, when worn on a belt holster, or in my shoulder holster, I carry with the 12 round magazine, and in all three cases I have a 15 round mag on my belt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the P365 with XL Grip Module and flat trigger.
The flat trigger is a huge upgrade and the XL grip Module is right sized more comfortable to shoot.

I would love to see the P365 with a P250 DA Trigger or a 22lr exchange kit

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad you found your perfect concealed carry pistol.

The P365 does not work for me however and is too small for my larger hands and can't shoot it nearly as well as my Walther PPS. So my Walther PPS is still my preferred all day comfort slim sub compact CCW while my Gen 2 Glock is my higher capacity CCW choice which is also fairly comfortable for all day carry.

There are so many terrific choices these days.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That makes perfect sense. I was talking more about someone who's looking to by a standard P365 vs the XL, not someone who has one already. That might not have been clear.

quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:

I can turn my 365 into a 365X with a 12 round mag, bug I can't go the other way.
And when I want a 365XL, I have an upper XL slide assembly I slip on.
I don't want a different trigger, and don't think a red dot is helpful for what the gun is intended for.
I know the grip on the 365 with a 12 round mag is not quite as good as the XL grip module, but I prefer the flexibility to the slight improvement.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
There is no ‘one’, conditions vary. That’s reference to the ideal CC.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I carry the P365 straight of the box in stock configuration, and I think it's just about as perfect a CCW choice as I could find.

I carry other weapons as clothing choices and whim dictate, but when considering size, weight, capacity and accuracy, it's hard to beat the P365 for an all-around choice.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
I would love to see the P365 with a P250 DA Trigger or a 22lr exchange kit

This would be awesome.

posted Hide Post
I went from q P320SC to a P365 SAS as my EDC about a year ago and still am very pleased with it and no plans to consider something else.
I always carry with the 10 round flush mag. but this pic was handy.

IMG_7620 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post