SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grayguns 320 Flat Trigger Compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grayguns 320 Flat Trigger Compatibility Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
I have a 320 in 357 sig that has not been upgraded by Sig. I really like the trigger as is.

Looking at the Grayguns flat trigger, its noted for " Voluntary up-graded pistols"
Will these still work on non-upgraded 320's ?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
If you really like the trigger as is, why even change it? I don't believe the GG trigger will work for your application.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7494 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! We can understand why some P320 owners have their reasons for not participating in the voluntary upgrade program. I can only state that the new fire control system (which incorporates some of our patented features) represents an astounding amount of R&D and hard work. The voluntary upgrade is thus superior in every objective measure; less total trigger travel, negligible overtravel, smoother takeup, a defined wall, and lighter breaking pull weight. And, it is more tolerant of rough handling and abuse than the original system. So, of course we support it, and recommend it.

While our current P320CT and ST triggers fit the un-upgraded FCU in the same way as our original PELT, there are differences in timing and overtravel values which may require adjustment. No combination of factory or aftermarket parts should be considered equivalent to the voluntary upgrade.

I hope this helps you. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
apf383 - My current trigger is curved but most excellent break and smoothness, it’s dreamy.
I am in my 60’s and fingers are getting arthritic and boney prominences.
So the flat trigger really helps.

Bruce,
Thx
Understand completely, I’ve read quite a bit on this forum that it’s a coin toss whether the pistols come back with good triggers or not.
I’ve never had a burp or hiccup with my stock FCU, (see above) and am of the “if it ain’t broke” mindset.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hi! We can understand why some P320 owners have their reasons for not participating in the voluntary upgrade program. I can only state that the new fire control system (which incorporates some of our patented features) represents an astounding amount of R&D and hard work. The voluntary upgrade is thus superior in every objective measure; less total trigger travel, negligible overtravel, smoother takeup, a defined wall, and lighter breaking pull weight. And, it is more tolerant of rough handling and abuse than the original system. So, of course we support it, and recommend it.

While our current P320CT and ST triggers fit the un-upgraded FCU in the same way as our original PELT, there are differences in timing and overtravel values which may require adjustment. No combination of factory or aftermarket parts should be considered equivalent to the voluntary upgrade.

I hope this helps you. Thanks!

-Bruce

Well, I just can't ignore the words of the trusted sage advice here so I'm sending in my 320c for the upgrade.
I've never known Bruce to steer us wrong.

One question I'll ask for help on is; I have Trijicon HD's installed, should I leave them on?
Or does Sig remove the sights when mill work is done?
I really don't want to remove them but they aren't cheap either is they get dinged
Any input?

Your way
or
YAHWEH

posted Hide Post
I have Trijicon HD's on all mine, too. No need to remove then when sending the pistol for "upgrade."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have Trijicon HD's on all mine, too. No need to remove then when sending the pistol for "upgrade."

Thx man

Your way
or
YAHWEH