SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 FCU Differences - Need Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 FCU Differences - Need Help Login/Join 
posted
So, I went out and bought a subcompact and a compact P320 in 9mm, with the hopes of playing mix and match with different slides and grip modules. I bought the Gray Guns PELT triggers for both of them but as luck would have it, the Post Office has lost one of them, for now at least. So, I installed the trigger on the SC FCU and then tonight I decided to swap that FCU into the compact grip module and see how it felt in there. I could not get the FCU into the compact grip module though. It turns out that they have different slide releases and the SC one is too big to fit into the compact grip module. Has anyone else run into this? Did I miss something in the modularity specs?

Top FCU - Compact
Bottom FCU - Subcompact

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They updated the slide lock lever about a year ago, going with a smaller version that projects forwards.

The newer style grip modules with the more pronounced "cage" around the slide lock lever area only work with the newer style smaller slide lock levers. The older style grip modules with just the simple "line" below the lever area work with both styles.

You can retrofit your subcompact FCU with a newer style slide lock lever. It's literally a 30 second swap, if that. For a while, Sig was include a free new style slide lock lever when you ordered a newer style grip module, but I don't know if that's still the case. I'd call Sig and see if they can help you out.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was quick. Thanks! I should be receiving my two new grip modules this week, so I will check and see if the new slide release comes with them, and if not, I guess I will call Sig and get a new one. Thanks for the quick reply!

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They charged me 30 bucks when I had the same thing happen. Kind of bs in my opinion. My fault for not doing my homework perhaps but don't claim modularity and then not make them modular.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
They charged me 30 bucks when I had the same thing happen. Kind of bs in my opinion. My fault for not doing my homework perhaps but don't claim modularity and then not make them modular.

I just got off the phone with Sig CS. They are sending me a new lock lever, free of charge. No fuss, no muss. He even explained how to change it, and also told me there were some good YouTube videos showing how to do it. Could not have gone better.

posted Hide Post
Good, glad to hear it. I should have pushed back I guess.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Good, glad to hear it. I should have pushed back I guess.

Can you return it for a refund? They say that new grip modules ship them included. If so, when I get my new grip modules this week, I could send you one.

posted Hide Post
That isn't a bad idea. I ended up buying a spare module after the fact and it came with one which I threw in the parts bin, I might try your idea.