SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Place your bid for a SIG-Sauer P230SL and custom refinishing work.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Place your bid for a SIG-Sauer P230SL and custom refinishing work. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
DK Firearms has graciously donated a SIG-Sauer pistol to SIGforum. DK Firearms posts in the forum as 'DK148'. SIGforum is auctioning this pistol, opening bidding today. Bidding will close at 9PM EDT on Tuesday, July 7. If there are any bids in the last hour before the auction ends, the auction will be extended by 24 hours, so, let's get that bidding in before the last hour, please. There is no limit to the number of bids any member might submit.

***The auction is open to SIGforum members with a registration date on or before May 1, 2020. The bidding opens at 450.00. Bids maybe submitted in ten dollar or twenty dollar increments. The auction will be open for three days minimum, so there's no need to rush. Bids should be submitted by posting them in this thread.***

This is a used P230SL (.380 ACP, stainless slide and frame) and there are some perks that come with the pistol. The pistol is proofed "JH" for 1987 and comes with the original box, manual, warranty card, original grips and two stainless magazines. The pistol wears a beautiful set of Nill grips which seem to have been a late edition to the pistol, as they appear to be in perfect shape. The wear to the pistol is limited to the slide flats and the high spot on the extractor. I get the impression that this was a glovebox or drawer pistol. DK148 says the bore of the pistol is perfect. It seems like the pistol was handled a good bit but shot very little.

Given that the wear to the pistol is external and cosmetic only, it occurred to me how nice it would look after a finish refresh and possibly a Cera-Hide finish. I contacted the good people at Cummings Custom Refinishing, who most of you know as 'CCR'. CCR has been a longtime member of the forum and they have many, many satisfied customers, and they have graciously agreed to bead blast the pistol and magazines (CCR says the pistol will look better than when it left the factory) and, if the winner desires, CCR will give the pistol a custom finish of the winner's choosing.

If you're not familiar with CCR's work, please take a look here.

Once the pistol has been sold it will be shipped by DK Firearms to CCR and CCR will work with the buyer to determine how the pistol will be treated. The buyer can have the pistol bead blasted only, to retain the stainless finish or, once refurbished, have the pistol coated. All refinishing work on the pistol is included as part of the selling price. Also included is the price of shipping the pistol from DK Firearms to CCR and from CCR to the buyer's receiving FFL.

We thank DK Firearms and CCR for this and look forward to seeing the finished pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys, the auction is now open. Bidding starts at 450.00. Good luck

Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I'll start the bidding - $460!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
$480

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The bid from Johnny 3eagles is 600.00

Whole numbers, please, guys. Ten or twenty dollar increments.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Missed the line in the OP, sorry.

$600.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
$620

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Lets try $640

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
$650

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
$670

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
OK, Sorry, my bad, did not read instructions close enough. I'll bid $680

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
$700 over here

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
$720 this time.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Now I can bid $740.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
How about $760.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Bump back so people can see it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the bids, Guys. OK, barring any bids in the last hour of the auction, we're about 24 hours out from wrapping this up.

Current bid is 760

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'll go $800

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maximum bid at this time would be 780

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$780 it is.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post