SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    VP9 Long slide kit - opinions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP9 Long slide kit - opinions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig210-6:
GEORGIA GUN STORE-RETAIL LOCATION In stock (14 units)

Too bad their shipping is $25.

The guys right below them on the list, Patriot Firearms, only charged $9.95 shipping.

Guess I have one on the way.

Well, that's what I get for letting it sit in my cart for a couple hours, OOS now.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Ordered the slide from Georgia. Yeah, $25 for shipping sucks but still damn cheap considering HK wants $500.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine yesterday. It's on its way...

Posts: 158 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sig210-6:
I put one on mine about a month ago.
Much better balance IMO. I put a Burris FF3 on it and could not be happier. 15 & 20 rnd below.
Let me know if you plan to use optics on it. Went fine but was not a slam dunk.
Shop around on the slide. Prices are all over the place. I paid $360.00 shipped./QUOTE]

I can't quite tell for sure ... is that a dovetail mount for the optic?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bravo Zulu to Georgia Gun. Mailman just dropped off my new long slide at the front door.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Bravo Zulu to Georgia Gun. Mailman just dropped off my new long slide at the front door.

Nice, quick shipping! Can't beat that!

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig210-6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sig210-6:
I put one on mine about a month ago.
Much better balance IMO. I put a Burris FF3 on it and could not be happier. 15 & 20 rnd below.
Let me know if you plan to use optics on it. Went fine but was not a slam dunk.
Shop around on the slide. Prices are all over the place. I paid $360.00 shipped./QUOTE]

I can't quite tell for sure ... is that a dovetail mount for the optic?

Yes, dovetail with a center set screw. Long story short / base dovetail is not an interference fit.
Tried (2) from MSP both just slide through. So base needed to be peened a bit.
http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-...fastfire-and-docter/
Also, needed to order a 1.0 Degree Delrin Shim.
https://www.mountsplus.com/um-...er-optic-sights.html

But is fine now.
And a new favorite at the indoor range...Going today in fact... Wink

Posts: 1954 | Registered: April 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post