SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt Cobra anyone?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt Cobra anyone? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We all gotta (re?)start somewhere.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Mars Attacks summed up the evaluation of the example we got in the shop two weeks ago. Except the barrel on our Cobra was MORE than .02 off the frame!

We still have that new Colt Cobra too. Everyone on our list who wanted one has come in, examined it and said "No thanks!".

I was number 7 on the list and cancelled my order the day we got this one in. Sad. I was hoping Colt would make a nice series of revolvers and clean the clock of the current company posing as s&w. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(QUOTE) Old, worn out machines. Union employees who cannot get fired when they stop giving a fuck. Or ask Sig when they bought poorly made frames and slides for the first generation of GSRs. Or anything from ParaOrdinance.

20 years ago I remember checking out a Colt Gold Cup and the entry level Kimber. Other than having adjustable sights, the Kimber had the Colt beat in just about every angle for half the cost.[/QUOTE]

^^^What he said!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I spent $800 on a S&W Nightguard for the wife and she loves it. I'd buy an $800 Colt if it was worth it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear but not surprising given where Colt is at these days. The pony is disappointingly one-trick, and it's not a very good one at that.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently handled the new Cobra which looked like a nice example,checked barrel gap looked tight.Finish was smooth kind of like bright bead blast,looked better than some of the magnified photos I've seen on net.Fit seemed fine,nice smooth trigger action,minimal stacking towards the end of pull,way lighter than older Colts.(which I own)The sight was easy to pick up and works well,not crazy about look but easy to change if others become available.Grip felt fine,they could have done better there.Trigger guard looks a little funky but functional,the extra space seemed nice when comparing to my older guns.$800 is high,the one i looked at was MSRP.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
There are way too many used S&W revolvers out there to get sucked into Colt nostalgia. The finish on that Cobra looks horrific.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
So much for the notion that there would be a reintroduction of the fine old Colts of the past.

Frown

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Georgia folks, there's a nice parkerized late model Agent for sale very reasonable here.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader....-parkerized.1492229/

You can pick up a super nice Dick Special for way less than Colt's new turd on the big auction site. I carry a DS over everything else I have simply because the weight/vs the capacity is perfect.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Are they for real with that price??

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping this pistol will be the start of a line that gets expanded and refined. As it is, it's not particularly useful or attractive.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw my first Cobra this morning. Finish is matte. The gun is well fitted. It is definitely not at all comparable to a junky Charter Arms.

DA trigger was superb.

However, the knurling on the ejector rod would stick in the channel at the bottom of the stroke. You had to flick the star to get it to move forward.

Given the $670 price, I would add a few bucks and get the superior Kimber K6s.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
...It is definitely not at all comparable to a junky Charter Arms...

That got a chuckle out of me! Razz

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
There are way too many used S&W revolvers out there to get sucked into Colt nostalgia.

And lots of used Colt revolvers for less money. When you get used to the Colt old bank vault lock up, to me S&W just feels sloppy.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
Saw my first Cobra this morning. Finish is matte. The gun is well fitted. It is definitely not at all comparable to a junky Charter Arms.

DA trigger was superb.

However, the knurling on the ejector rod would stick in the channel at the bottom of the stroke. You had to flick the star to get it to move forward.

Given the $670 price, I would add a few bucks and get the superior Kimber K6s.

For $25 Colt will hot-dip galvanize it. So there's that to consider.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post