SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have or had a PX4 Storm?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have or had a PX4 Storm? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think you will likely find it exceeds expectations.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my PX4 Compact.
IMHO, I think it shoots 10X better than the Full Size.
(Well, at least the one FS I shot.)

Flat shooting, soft recoil impulse and crazy accurate. One of my favorite carry guns and a very underrated pistol. It’s truly a DA/SA Glock 19. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
I absolutely love my PX4 Compact.
IMHO, I think it shoots 10X better than the Full Size.
(Well, at least the one FS I shot.)

Interesting. Elaborate on that if you would. I’ve never shot the compact version.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
The first PX4 I shot was a friend’s full size 9mm. I was very unimpressed. Accuracy was average, at best, and I was surprised by the muzzle rise for a FS gun. Kinda turned me off to the whole line. (I spoke to a few shooting friends who echoed the same comments I had.)

Last year, our own piedrarc recommend the Compact. I was looking to try Appendix carry, but wanted a DA/SA gun for the obvious reasons. I shared my FS experiences and he said it’s a totally different pistol.

I took his word for it and purchased one and could not be happier.
The muzzle rise is extremely low for a polymer framed, compact pistol. I’d compare it to shooting a 226 or Beretta 92.
My competition and carry rounds are 147 grain, so with that weight round the sights rise just slightly, then come right back on target - consistently. Even with lighter weight bullets it, it still does the same thing.

As far as accuracy goes, I think I’ve shot more doubles in IDPA with the pistol than just about anything else. It’s a very forgiving pistol when I get a little sloppy on the trigger.

On paper, you’d think the FS would be perfect, but I think the Compact got it 100% right.
Granted I could have shot a “bad” pistol, but in talking to others, more than a few of us think the Compact is better than the FS.
Go figure Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. That all makes sense, and may well sway me to that version since I’ve yet to find a full size variant.

Generally I prefer the “compact” variant of every pistol type, so it makes sense I’d end up that way in the end.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The rotating barrel has a more pronounced effect on the larger calibers in the full size but plays a larger roll in the compact and even has a decent effect on the 9mm.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Now the 10 day wait begins

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post