SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p365 holding up?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p365 holding up? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am very happy with my P365. I bought mine in Feb. 2019 and put 1000 rounds with no failures. I carry it more than I had anticipated. I still prefer a larger gun but am confident with the 12 round mag for comfort.

This is not a gun I anticipate putting 25,000 rounds through like my P226 (never a failure BTW) plus I don't think they were built for that. My H&K's and Dan Wesson were but I think Sig did a great job designing a gun that is purpose built and will be reliable, accurate and easy to carry.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a May, 2019 build and so far, so good with only a few hundred rounds through it though. Still, enough for me to trust it and carry it. My biggest surprise was actually how good the trigger on the thing is. Much nicer than any of the many Glocks or M&P's I've owned. I like the sights too and the overall quality seems very good for the price. Got a Vedder Light Tuck with the claw and ordered a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB for it along with a Desantis S.S. Mag Pouch, because of all the mag pouches I've had, including custom makers, those are my favorites. I'm very happy with the pistol, for what it is.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Highspeedlane
posted Hide Post
Got my P365 last month and it's great. It is now my EDC. Comfortable, easy to shoot, easy to carry all day. Definitely worth the price of admission IMHO.

Posts: 292 | Location: Kingston, MA | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shelved my Hi-Point 9mm to buy a new G27, sold the G27 to buy a Kahr 9mm, and have shelved my Kahr for the P365. I've only got about 480 rounds through my P365 since I bought it on Thursday, and have 0 failures of any kind in those 480 rounds. Steel, aluminum, brass, and nickel cases, ball and hollowpoint ammo, standard and +P loads.

For the first 500 rounds it has outperformed my G27 (2-stove pipes and a couple failure to feed) and Kahr (a couple failure to feed) for failure rates and for ease of aiming and accuracy.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of the sights that come with it, I'd prefer to have point of impact above point of aim. Also a larger front sight.

I've only carried it in a sticky/friction holster IWB, but it carries like the Kahr did for weight and balance, but has 10+1 instead of 6+1 with a 15 round reload instead of 8 rounds. Smile

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my 365 for about 5 months now. I've about 400 rounds through the gun so far and have had in the area of 6 malfunctions, 2 of which were today and within a few rounds of each other. These are all the same malfunction: Failure to extract. The empty comes 2/3 of the way out of the chamber, the slide goes all the way to the rear and tries to feed the next round but is jammed up with the empty still in the way.
Today I had loaded in the magazine 5 124 grain Blazer brass FMJ and 5 Remington 115 grain FMJ. There was one malfunction with each. Not exactly inspiring confidence.
I haven't dealt with Sig in a long time regarding sending a gun in for repair. Do they provide a label for shipping or is it on our dime? If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Thanks!

Posts: 362 | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Call Sig and they should take care of you. They should send a label for shipping.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyK:
I've had my 365 for about 5 months now. I've about 400 rounds through the gun so far and have had in the area of 6 malfunctions, 2 of which were today and within a few rounds of each other. These are all the same malfunction: Failure to extract. The empty comes 2/3 of the way out of the chamber, the slide goes all the way to the rear and tries to feed the next round but is jammed up with the empty still in the way.
Today I had loaded in the magazine 5 124 grain Blazer brass FMJ and 5 Remington 115 grain FMJ. There was one malfunction with each. Not exactly inspiring confidence.

Lubrication?

Did you try a different magazine?

When was the pistol last cleaned?

Grip?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right on... I only had the one 10-round magazine available. I'll try it out in the next couple of days with the other magazines. As a 26 year firearms instructor for a larger department, yep, I had a strong grip on it and it was freshly cleaned and lubricated.
There were a few very faint lateral marks on the spent case - thinking a rough chamber - but they were pretty insignificant.
I'm thinking the rim of the case being extracted is making contact with the front of the casing of the next round up in the magazine, making the extractor lose its grip on it?

posted Hide Post
Well, I feel like the biggest Dufus, but I wanted to get the story straight.
A few months back I turned my 365 in to an "Equinox"... that is, I removed the finish from the sides of the slide, leaving a brushed stainless kind of look. (I know... my friends ostracize me for customizing almost every gun I own) Well, to do so you have to remove the extractor, otherwise it gets in the way. I thought back on when I did it and sure enough as I was removing it the extractor spring went flying off in to parts unknown. When I eventually "found it" I put it back in the gun when I was done with the polishing. Trouble is - you guessed it - it wasn't the same spring.
When I put the original spring back in there was probably double the tension on the extractor to grab the cartridge rim as with the other spring. Took it out this morning and 50 rounds went down range without a problem.
Anyway, self diagnosed/problem solved but I sure do feel sheepish about it.

posted Hide Post
So...how many springs do you have on your floor?
Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a little pistol, it is mighty accurate. At a Bullseye match (serious pistols and even more serious triggers) fellow showed his P365 SAS. It then developed that practically every competitor carried a P365. A solid recommendation.

The consensus about the SAS was that it would be OK for someone who has difficulties with the great standard sights, but that the SAS just can not be aimed as accurately as the standard P365 (if your eyes are OK). Bullseye is shot with red-dot sights.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Well, I feel like the biggest Dufus, but I wanted to get the story straight.
A few months back I turned my 365 in to an "Equinox"... that is, I removed the finish from the sides of the slide, leaving a brushed stainless kind of look. (I know... my friends ostracize me for customizing almost every gun I own) Well, to do so you have to remove the extractor, otherwise it gets in the way. I thought back on when I did it and sure enough as I was removing it the extractor spring went flying off in to parts unknown. When I eventually "found it" I put it back in the gun when I was done with the polishing. Trouble is - you guessed it - it wasn't the same spring.
When I put the original spring back in there was probably double the tension on the extractor to grab the cartridge rim as with the other spring. Took it out this morning and 50 rounds went down range without a problem.
Anyway, self diagnosed/problem solved but I sure do feel sheepish about it.

I'd throw rocks at you, but I've done way more dufus-y stuff than that. Besides, it takes a healthy set of grapes to admit it in public.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I want to see pictures of the "Equinox" treatment you did to your 365, please.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the FDE version when it first came out and put 1000rnds of Remington 115gr and 50rds of 147gr HST +p carry ammo with one FTE early on—no issues afterward. This is during a brutal 2-hr range session. The trigger got too hot to pull. That was the best “torture test” I could muster.

I used the three included magazines (10rd, 10rd with extension, and the 12rd) as well as two addition 12rd mags and the 15rd mag. That’s a 0.095% failure rate and is perfectly ok in my book.

Primer drag was very minimal and absent in most of the rounds. I collect my range brass so I was able to inspect them.

I trust my P365 as my carry pistol.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post