SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p365 holding up?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p365 holding up? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
For those of you who have the 365, how is it holding up? Any issues that cause you any concern? I’m thinking about selling a Glock 30s and picking up the 365 but I also know there were some issues with them. I’m hoping they have the bugs worked out by now. Thanks.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The best people to ask would be the range renters if they aren't too busy. I rented one and asked about round count when I was done and was told 'lots" Roll Eyes
Yeah, ok, great.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only real "bug" was broken srikers. There was an issue with trigger springs, as well, but largely confined to an installation issue, I believe.

There have been a number of posters here on this site who reported broken strikers, first hand. There is also a camp which insists that this never happened, and that all reports are second hand internet myths. A similar camp likes to suggest that failures only occurred with early pistols, and that it's been "fixed" with "second generation" P365's.

There are no "generations" of P365's.

Some suggest that the P365 will soldier on, trouble-free, if you can get through the first x-number of rounds. Failures, however, have occurred from a handfull, up through several thousand, rounds. Having put a few hundred, or even a few thousand rounds down range is not immunity.

An aftermarket striker is available made from tool steel, which some posters have used. Sig also made a change to the striker, a subtle difference in the radiused end of the striker, to reduce stress concentration where they were failing. It does seem that fewer failures have occurred after that change. It also seems that Sig won't replace the older style striker and admit there was a reason for the change, unless yours breaks.

Sig has come onto this website to loudly proclaim that the problem does not exist (as they did with the P320's drop issue). So we have that.

I carry a P365 quite a bit. I have shot it quite a bit, and ultimately ran out of excuses not to carry it. It could still fail.

The nice thing about the P365 is that it takes up about the same space in my pocket as a j-frame revolver, but is faster to reload, higher capacity, etc. Great trigger. It has options, from sights to the trigger itself, and takes up to a 15 round magazine (which I carry as a spare).

Little pistols can fail. I had a Kahr blow up in my hand after it came back from Kahr. I had a Keltec trigger crumble in my hand as I shot it, fresh back from the factory. I had a S&W Shield frame split with less than 200 factory rounds through the pistol. Conversely, I've not had a single issue with the P365 thus far, and I own several, and carry the pistol. This doesn't mean I won't, but I quite like it.

If you like the Glock, keep it. If you're interested in a thin, small pocket pistol, the G43 is an outstanding choice. It lacks the capacity of the P365, but it's still an outstanding pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought mine this last March, great little pistol. I sold a G23 to help finance the purchase, and have never regretted it.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Doing great!

The service life of the recoil spring assembly (per the manual, page 40) is 2500 rounds.

I'm on my second, so, maybe 4-5K rounds and still love the little beastie! Very accurate, and fun to shoot.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
In several more months or so, my 365 will be two years old.

No issues. It's my daily carry/BUG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
So far, it's been a great pistol (6 months and counting). No complaints, carries like a dream - especially considering its capacity. I can shoot the plate rack just fine with this, unlike other small semi-automatics. The trigger is very good.
Occasionally, the slide will not lock open after the last round in a magazine. I'm not concerned.
Great pistol.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a micro pistol, so does benefit from a break in period. There were some issues early on, firing pin breakage and trigger spring breakage. Both seem to be addressed, though some view the still visible primer drag as being a concern. One I have a couple thousand rounds through, and while it had issues initially, due to what appeared to be machine marks hanging up the slide/barrel, it has run perfectly since. I have had no issues with the other one. It has a little over 1k rounds through it. I did cycle it manually a couple hundred times, though, prior to the initial firing.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine for a few months. Shoots okay, I'd say more than acceptable for what it is. My big complaint on the P365 is rust on the mags. My mags get rusty very, very easily. I have carried a gun professionally for nearly a decade and exposed my P226 and P238 to rain, snow, heat, sweat, blood, and just about every other abuse they could take.... zero rust. P365 mags get put in my pocket and come out with surface corrosion. I clean them and wipe them down with gun oil after every range session.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have two with about 1300 rounds through each. Each has been through a pistol class of 500-800 rounds in addition to regular range trips. No issues have been encountered with either. One is an early issue, Feb 18 and the other is May 18.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2, the original P365 (without manual safety) and a newer P365 SAS. The original has been flawless through 7-800 rounds. The new SAS had an issue out of the box with the recoil spring assembly. It was binding up and as a result, the slide wouldn’t lock open on an empty magazine. The gun still shot well. SIG support has a new assembly on the way to me and I look forward to shooting the piss out of them both. Can’t speak highly enough about the new sight on the SAS model so far (~200 rounds).

Longevity-wise, I spoke to my range owner today and he has a P365 with 7,500 rounds through it, and has just sent it back to SIG for a rebuild. He keeps the $28 recoil spring assemblies in stock to replace them on the rental guns when needed.

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Mine is an 'early' February 2018 pistol. No issues in 600+ rds. It has a specific use for me so it's not carried much nor will the round count increase much.

The local gun club told me the P365 is their most asked for rental pistol. Consequently, theirs was estimated at over 8,000 rds. No issues with theirs either but they recently made another pistol available for rental while the original was returned to SIG for routine maintenance.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only trouble with the P365 is not having one.
Mine just turned a year old this September. The only issue I have had - shooting 100 rounds of the inferior Winchester white box. Outside of that, with the other 2k rounds (Fox River Ammo, Blazer Brass, Magtech) put down the range, no issues.

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have a January 2018 production P365 with 4K rounds through it and its holding up great.

Some very minor finish wear and I did replace the recoil spring assembly at 2500rds as recommended in the owners manual.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is doing well. Its had about 600 rds through it and has replaced the G43 as my EDC pistol. The accuracy of the 365 is the most surprising thing. I was not expecting to be able to shoot great groups at 10 yards, but it delivers. Zero malfunctions of any kind including using some 9BPLE which is a bit snappy.

When I transition from the 365 back to a 226/229 on the same day, the full sized Sigs make the 9mm feel like a 22 LR in comparison to the 365.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Little pistols can fail. I had a Kahr blow up in my hand after it came back from Kahr. I had a Keltec trigger crumble in my hand as I shot it, fresh back from the factory. I had a S&W Shield frame split with less than 200 factory rounds through the pistol. Conversely, I've not had a single issue with the P365 thus far, and I own several, and carry the pistol. This doesn't mean I won't, but I quite like it.

sns3guppy,

What kind of ammo were you shooting in the guns that failed?

Was the ammo within spec of what the guns were rated for?

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an FI with a certain 3 letter federal ageny we see the 365 on a daily basis putting through their paces. My 365 has over 6k rounds through it without any issues. I changed the spring once at 3k and that's pretty much it. I did install the flat trigger last month and love it even more. Other agents borrow mine to test before they go buy one to add on our books. My gun is kinda the field office T&E gun of sorts for undecided leo's. It's a sweet little pistol. I find recoil a little more pronounced than the 43, but that's subjective. We shoot hot Speer Gold Dot +P 124 grain on a continuous basis through these little gems and they keep on eating it.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Interesting you mention a 3 letter agency. I sold a gun to a gentleman from one tonight, and the 365 came up while we chatted and he remarked that he had a lot of problems with his 365 including FTF and FTE.

That’s of course second hand....hearsay in its finest so take it for what it’s worth

I did get to see his creds, so I know he does actually work for that agency

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sns3guppy:

sns3guppy,

What kind of ammo were you shooting in the guns that failed?

Was the ammo within spec of what the guns were rated for?

Thanks,

Rob

In the case of the Shield, Remington UMC standard pressure factory ammunition purchased at the range. No signs of over pressure on the brass. No flattened or blown primers, no bulged cases. Nothing. S&W tested the weapon could find no reason for the frame split, and told me that their standard practice when unable to point to a cause is to blame the user, and bad ammunition, even though there were no signs of that in the pistol. On that basis, they refused to honor their warranty.

I don't recall off hand what the ammunition was in the Kahr and the Keltec, though it's irrelevant in each case, as neither was ammunition related. Neither was outside standard pressure. Neither were ammunition failures; each were pistol failures.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
My early-mid 2018 build has been flawless for about 2000 rounds. First 1400 rounds were 115 grain ball ammo. Then 400 rounds of 115 & 124 Grain Gold Dots. And most recently, I've been trying the Sig defensive ammo.

And just yesterday, I picked up a new P 365 SAS. Just because. I;m not sure if its a gimmick or not, but I need to see for myself.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post