SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any pre war Colt Officer .22 Target fans ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any pre war Colt Officer .22 Target fans ? Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday I was at my Local shop, they had a shelf full of beat up colt official police models. Meh. One grabbed my eye due to target sights, I did a double take and it was a .22. So I said can I look. Took some notes on it and and went home to do research. Went back today and put money on it, gotta wait 10 days. It’s a pre war officer model target. The finish is heavily worn from honest holster wear. No pitting I noticed. Look up is tight so I hope she’s a good shooter. I’m Normally a Smith &Wesson fan but they are getting tough to find locally.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElToro,

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
A shelf of officers models? That's something.

I had a match set, a .22 and .38 that I really should still own. Oh well.

The Officers Model became the Python.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my bad. meant official police. beater 38 fixed sight guns. they had several 4 or 5 or so.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
well those are some of my favorites...i had a very early one...sadly had to sell it to help my parents with some financial trouble...excellent well made guns...i got mine very low costs....please post some pics once u can too...they shoot so well and mine was so accurate...very well done...God Bless,John

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had an official police in 22, and officers target in 22. I shot the official police more. The target was in such great shape i rarely brought it out. Both are gone now. The target, heck even the O.P. habe a double and single action that modern revolvers can not duplicate.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Officers Target Model in .38 spl. from 1915 that's a joy to take to the range. It has a wonderful action - and looks good too.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of unusual for an OMT .22 to get "honest holster wear." My Woodsman has "honest hand wear" on the grip straps, none on the rest of the gun because it is a target pistol and goes from case to bench to shoot and back.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe this is one of which you speak.

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, that is a post 1957 Officer's Model Match.
The Officer's Model Target was the prewar revolver, same frame but with old style sights, front adjusts for elevation, rear for windage.
In the early 1950s there was also the Officer's Model Special with straight bull barrel and Coltmaster sight.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim Watson,

You are correct.
I had the jpeg file misnamed.
mea culpa

If I'm reading Proof House correctly, this
Officer Model Match is from 1967

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Why, yes. I am a fan. This one was made in 1930, and bought by my uncle in 1965. I received it from my aunt when he passed. In single action, it has one of the nicest triggers of any gun I own, including my hunting rifles. It breaks with pressure, but no discernible movement.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind some of the police positive .22’s were chambered in 22 WRF not short/long/long rifle ( barrel would be marked .22 WRF) this cartridge is obsolete with an occasional run by CCI.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my first engineering boss had a Police Positive Target .22 WRF.